This Cheesy Broccoli is baked in the oven and comes out so crispy, crunchy, and delicious. Dip with your favorite sauce and have as an appetizer or as a side dish that the whole family can enjoy even kids! They are keto-friendly and ready in less than 30 minutes!
The BEST Crispy Cheesy Baked Broccoli
This broccoli recipe is baked in the oven and comes out really cheesy, tasty and crispy. Enjoy this any time of the day as a snack, side dish or appetizer. Get your kids eating more broccoli and veggies by dressing them up a bit and making it more interesting. Broccoli may not be everyone’s favorite vegetable, not just kids, but how you prepare it will make a huge difference in the taste. I promise!
Is roasted broccoli healthy?
Broccoli itself is a very healthy vegetable to add to your diet. Whether they are baked, steamed, or roasted, broccoli is full of vitamins and minerals such as vitamin C, K, and A, folate, calcium, and iron. They are high in fiber which helps with digestion and low in calories!
How do you make Broccoli palatable?
Broccoli can be very bland for some and makes it less enjoyable to consume. Just like that kid that refuses to eat broccoli. Can’t blame them! If you aren’t a broccoli fan, it’s always best to add some sort of flavor to it to make it more palatable. Bake or roast your broccoli instead of boiling or steaming. Add some flavor to your baked broccoli such as olive oil, salt, pepper, parmesan cheese (to make it cheesy), garlic powder and so on. This gives your broccoli a boost in the flavor department.
SUBSTITUTES FOR THIS CHEESY BAKED BROCCOLI RECIPE
This Cheesy Baked broccoli recipe was made to be keto friendly. For a lower calorie option, you can swap the almond flour with panko bread crumbs. Also, feel free to use less cheddar cheese and go for a fat-free option.
Recipes you can pair this Baked broccoli with:
- Pan Seared Southwestern Salmon
- Pesto Bruschetta Chicken
- Grilled Chicken with Pineapple Salsa
- Lemon Chicken Skewers
- Easy Chicken Cacciatore
- Grilled Chicken with Mango Avocado Salsa
Finally, remember to subscribe to my NEWSLETTER for free and receive recipes like this Cheesy Baked Broccoli delivered right to your inbox!
Also, if you try a recipe and you like it, please use my hashtag #healthyfitnessmeals on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW Healthy Fitness Meals on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER for all of my latest blog posts and recipes.
Crispy Cheesy Baked Broccoli
- 1 Large Head Broccoli chopped into florets
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 Tbsp Milk
- 1/2 Cup Almond Flour
- 1/2 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4 Cup Grated Cheddar Cheese
- 1/2 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/4 Tsp Salt
- In a bowl, whisk together the egg and milk and set aside. In another bowl, stir together the almond flour, parmesan cheese, garlic powder, and salt.
- Preheat oven to 400 F and prepare a sheet pan with tin foil or parchment paper.
- Dip a floret in the egg mixture and then the almond flour mixture until completely coated.
- Place on the sheet pan and repeat until you used all the florets. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Bake for 10-15 minutes