A simple Pan Seared Salmon recipe that’s topped with delicious southwestern black bean and corn salsa. This salmon recipe is so easy to make, so tasty, crispy on the outside and flaky on the inside. Perfect to have on your weekly dinner menu.
Easy Pan Seared Southwestern Salmon
What I really like about this pan-seared salmon recipe is the fact that it is super easy to make and yet so delicious. It pairs so well with any side dish. Serve it with some roasted veggies, quinoa or even top over salad. They are quite the delicacy. Nothing nicer than a crispy salmon that’s moist and flaky on the inside. The Southwestern bean salsa that’s topped over this pan-seared salmon gives it its unique flavors.
Do you eat the skin on salmon?
Generally, it is said that it is safe to eat the skin of the salmon when cooked. But it recommended not to because the skin of the salmon absorbs chemicals during their life through their skin and from other fish that they eat. These chemicals could be harmful and it’s better to be cautious and not consume the skin just in case.
What side of the salmon do you sear first?
The skin of the salmon has good fats and its good to keep it on the salmon when preparing a pan-seared or baked salmon dish. It is best to sear the salmon with the skin down first, this way, you can allow it to crisp up and crook thoroughly without worrying about burning the salmon. Cooking the salmon skin side down first makes it much easier to slide a spatula under the crispy skin and flip to the other side.
Plan on making this Pan seared salmon recipe? I would love to hear all about it. Please leave me a comment below and let me know your thoughts. Have an amazing recipe for salmon that you would like to share with me? I Would love to know about it. Also, please don’t forget to rate this recipe.
More Salmon Recipes to check out:
- Honey Garlic Salmon Recipe
- Crispy Baked Salmon
- Grilled Lemon Dill Salmon Skewers
- Honey Lime Salmon Recipe
If you try a recipe and you like it, please use my hashtag #healthyfitnessmeals on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW Healthy Fitness Meals on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER for all of my latest blog posts and recipes
Pan Seared Southwestern Salmon
- 1 lb Salmon Fillets about 4 medium-sized pieces
- 2 Tsp Olive Oil
- 3/4 Cups Frozen Corn Kernels thawed
- 1/2 Cup Canned Black Beans
- 1/4 Cup Finely diced red bell pepper
- 1 Tbsp Minced red onion
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp Chopped cilantro leaves
- The juice of 1 lime
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Season the salmon with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the salmon, skin side up, in the pan. Cook for 4-5 minutes per side or until cooked through.
- While the salmon is cooking, prepare the salsa.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the corn, black beans, red bell pepper, red onion, lime juice, and cilantro leaves. Season with salt to taste.
- Spoon the salsa over the salmon and serve.