These Crispy Baked Chicken Cutlets are oven-baked and will be your new favorite way to eat chicken. They are so crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside. Easy to make and perfectly baked crispy chicken that the whole family can enjoy.
These crispy OVEN baked chicken cutlets are so tender and juicy on the inside and super crispy and crunchy at the same time. Made with a delicious garlic parmesan coating and tastes just like fried chicken. An easy weeknight meal that’s ready in just about 30 minutes and a healthier alternative to the classic fried crispy chicken without missing out on flavor. Serve this easy chicken recipe with roasted veggies or potatoes, over salad, or pasta.
HOW TO MAKE CRISPY BAKED CHICKEN CUTLETS
Follow these simple steps on how to make simple baked crispy chicken breasts. They are easy to make and can be ready in no time. If you can marinate the chicken ahead of time then great, if in a hurry and don’t have much time on your hands don’t fret.
- Prepare the chicken: To prepare the cutlets, pound each chicken breast to an even 1/4inch thickness. Next, rub the chicken with Italian seasoning, salt, pepper and olive oil.
- Marinate: If time allows, marinate it for 1h to overnight. This will give you the most tender and moist chicken.
- Preheat Oven: Preheat your oven to 400°F and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Coat chicken: In a large bowl, whisk together the egg, milk, a pinch of salt and pepper. In a shallow dish, combine the panko, garlic powder, with parmesan and smoked paprika.
Dip the chicken cutlets into the egg mixture, then dredge it into the panko mixture, lightly pressing to coat.
- Set up coated chicken: Place the chicken onto the prepared baking sheet and spray with cooking oil spray
- Bake: Finally, bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes, then flip the chicken cutlets and bake for 5-8
minutes more, or until golden and cooked through.
- Garnish and serve: Sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley, and serve immediately.
How long to bake thin chicken breast
An easy way to know for sure chicken is done is to cook until it reaches an internal temperature of 165F when you check with a digital food thermometer. But to give you an idea of how long it takes when you bake at 350-400F. At 400F thinly sliced boneless chicken breasts should take no longer than 15-20 minutes. At 350F it may need 25-30 minutes depending on how thin the chicken is sliced.
How to keep chicken crispy
If you are trying to keep your chicken warm and crispy just for a few hours until ready to serve, simply place then on a cooling rack without parchment paper and keep in the bottom of the warm oven. This works for this oven-baked chicken cutlets since they aren’t fried. For actually fried chicken, drain as much oil as you can from the chicken before you place on the rack to cool off or keep warm in the oven.
How to store Crispy baked chicken
Allow crispy chicken to cool off completely on a cooling rack before placing it in an airtight container and storing it in the fridge for 3-5 days. If the chicken is fried and oil, try to drain as much oil from it as you can before cooling it off and storing it in the fridge.
What to serve with crispy oven-baked chicken
Cripsy chicken can be served alongside some roasted veggies to keep it as healthy as possible. They will taste great with some roasted potatoes, over some salad, or over creamy or tomato-based pasta.
Here area few side options for these easy crispy baked chicken
- Baked Garlic Butter Hasselback Potatoes
- Garlic Charred Brussel Sprouts
- Healthy Broccoli Casserole
- Roasted Whole Cauliflower
- Parmesan Zucchini Corn Salad
We want to see your creations! If you take a snapshot of any remake from our site, tag us @healthyfitnessmeals so we can share your remake! Also, don’t forget to rate our recipes and leave us some feedback in the comments below. Those are always so epic and very much appreciated.
Check out these other recipes we think you will love:
- Pan-Seared Southwestern Salmon
- Oven-Fried Chicken Tenders
- Asparagus Stuffed Chicken Breast
- Easy Harvest Chicken Casserole
- Crispy Greek Potato Bake Recipe
- Crispy Cheesy Baked Broccoli
Remember to subscribe to my NEWSLETTER for free and receive recipes like these Crispy baked chicken cutlets delivered right to your inbox!
Finally, if you try a recipe and you like it, please use our hashtag #healthyfitnessmeals on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW Healthy Fitness Meals on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER for all of our latest blog posts and recipes.
Crispy Baked Chicken Cutlets
- 1.5 lbs Chicken Breasts (about 4) skinless, boneless
- 1 Tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Large Egg
- 2 Tbsp Milk
- ¾ Cup Panko
- ¼ Cup Fresh Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Tsp Smoked Paprika
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Avocado cooking oil spray
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Chopped Parsley
- To prepare the cutlets, pound each chicken breast to an even 1/4 inch thickness.
- Next, rub the chicken with Italian seasoning, salt, pepper and olive oil. If time allows, marinate it for 1h to overnight. This will give you the most tender and moist chicken.
- Preheat your oven to 400°F and line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. In a large bowl, whisk together the egg, milk, a pinch of salt and pepper.
- In a shallow dish, combine the garlic powder, panko with parmesan and smoked paprika. Dip the chicken cutlets into the egg mixture, then dredge it into the panko mixture, lightly pressing to coat
- Place the chicken onto the prepared baking sheet and spray with cooking oil spray. Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes, then flip the chicken cutlets and bake for 5-8
minutes more, or until golden and cooked through.
- Sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley, and serve immediately.
- Depending on how thin you slice each chicken breast will determine how many strips per serving.
- Each serving will be one full chicken breast. Which should be sliced to 2-3 pieces.