This Teriyaki Chicken Meal Prep Bowls recipe is made with homemade teriyaki sauce instead of store bought. Juicy tender chicken breasts meal prepped with broccoli that’s so delicious it will quickly become a family favorite!
Easy to make Teriyaki Chicken Meal Prep Bowls Recipe
If you crave the fast food teriyaki chicken then you will love this Teriyaki chicken recipe. So many of you have requested some meal prep recipes and I decided to make some easy meals that are perfect for meal prep.
This Teriyaki Chicken Recipe is very easy to make. Ready in about 30 minutes and so tender and delicious. Make your own teriyaki sauce instead of using the store-bought version.
How to make homemade Teriyaki Sauce or Marinade:
Below you will find the ingredients you will need to make the Teriyaki sauce for this Teriyaki Chicken Recipe. Follow the directions to find out how to prepare the sauce.
Garlic cloves, finely grated
Fresh ginger, finely grated
Low sodium soy sauce or coconut aminos
Freshly squeezed orange juice
How healthy is Teriyaki Chicken?
Teriyaki Chicken isn’t the healthiest depending on how it is prepared. Even though it can be a good source of protein, it can be high in calories, fat, and sodium. They can be made healthier with healthier ingredients and should be consumed in moderation. Pair your Teriyaki Chicken recipe with nutrient-dense foods like broccoli or green beans.
What is the best Teriyaki Sauce?
I highly advise you to make your own teriyaki sauce unless you can find a healthier store-bought version. Otherwise, make your own! It is quite easy to make homemade teriyaki sauce. Try my teriyaki sauce recipe in this Teriyaki Chicken Meal Prep recipe.
How do you thicken Teriyaki Sauce:
In order to thicken your teriyaki sauce, you can add a bit more cornstarch. Cornstarch isn’t the healthiest option so use in moderation if need be. You can add a bit of whole wheat flour if you already used some cornstarch. I used about half a teaspoon for this recipe but if the consistency isn’t thick enough for you, then add about 1 teaspoon instead.
Making this Teriyaki Chicken Meal Prep Recipe? I would love to see your remake so tag me on Instagram so I can share your masterpiece.
Hungry for more amazing recipes? Check these out below:
Teriyaki Chicken Meal Prep recipe below:
Teriyaki Chicken Meal Prep Bowl Recipe
- 1.5 lbs Skinless boneless chicken breasts or thighs diced into 1-inch cubes
- 1 Tbsp Sesame Oil
- 4 Cups Broccoli Florets fresh or frozen
- 2 Cups Cooked brown rice or quinoa
- 1 Tbsp Sesame seeds to garnish
- 2 Tbsp Sliced green onions
- 2 Tbsp Sliced chili or to taste
For the Teriyaki Sauce:
- 2 Garlic Cloves finely grated
- 2 Tbsp Fresh ginger finely grated
- 1 Tbsp Raw honey
- 1/4 Cup Low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 Cup Freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/2 Tbsp Cornstarch
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add in chicken and cook stirring occasionally for about 4-5 minutes, or until almost cooked through.
- Meanwhile whisk all teriyaki sauce into a small bowl, then pour over the chicken.
- Lower the heat and simmer for 3-5 minutes, until the sauce thickens and nicely coats the chicken.
- Steam the broccoli until just tender, 5-8 minutes.
- Divide the cooked brown rice among 4 glass containers, and top with steamed broccoli and teriyaki chicken.
- Garnish with sesame seeds, chilies, and green onions and enjoy!
- Refrigerate for 3-5 days and reheat just before serving.