Dinner time always seems to be the toughest for finding a meal that is healthy and filling, however, this Easy Chicken Cacciatore recipe fits both those needs. From start to table in under 30 minutes is a huge plus as well.
Easy Chicken Cacciatore
Those busy nights can creep up on you when it comes to figuring out what to make your family for dinner. You are cleaning up the house, or picking up the kids from school, starting homework and by the time you know it – dinner was a half hour ago. So what do you make? Tasty Easy Chicken Cacciatore!
This Easy Chicken Cacciatore has been the go-to recipe for my family for a long time. Super simple, super delicious and amazingly healthy. When you pair this recipe with zucchini noodles or quinoa and you have one savory meal no one wants to miss out on.
What do you eat chicken cacciatore with?
Often wonder what kind of side dishes you can have with chicken Cacciatore? There are actually many options for you. I love having this easy cacciatore recipe with a side of quinoa. You can try some healthy pasta, egg noodles, zoodles, gnocchi or some roasted potatoes or veggies of choice.
How long does chicken cacciatore last in the fridge?
Like any other meal, cacciatore can be stored in the fridge for 5-7 days and can be frozen for up to 2 months.
Hungry for more easy and delicious recipes? Check these out:
- Easy Sushi Bowl
- Sausage and White Bean Soup
- Healthy Pasta Primavera Recipe
- Honey Garlic Salmon Recipe
- Spinach and Avocado Pasta Recipe
How to make this Easy Chicken Cacciatore:
Easy Chicken Cacciatore
- 1 pound chicken tenders or thin cut chicken breasts
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil divided use
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 green bell pepper cored, seeded and diced
- 1 ½ cups mushrooms sliced
- 1/3 cup kalamata olives halved
- 1 ½ cups marinara sauce
- 2 tablespoons parsley chopped
- Heat 1 teaspoon of the olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add the green bell pepper and mushrooms to the pan and cook for 4-5 minutes or until softened.
- Add the garlic and cook for an additional 30 seconds.
- Remove the vegetables from the pan; place on a plate and cover to keep warm.
- Add the remaining 2 teaspoons of olive oil to the pan.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper to taste and place in the pan. Cook for 5-6 minutes per side or until browned and cooked through.
- Add the vegetables back to the pan, along with the marinara sauce and olive.
- Simmer for 5 minutes or until sauce is heated through.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve.