Kung Pao Chicken Meal Prep recipe – Take your meal prep to a whole other level with this chicken stir-fry recipe that’s easy to put together and better than takeout Chinese. The combination of sweet, salty and spicy flavors, gives this dish all the feel-good flavors you need.
Easy Kung Pao Chicken Recipe
There is something about take-out Chinese chicken that’s so comforting and delicious. Ditch that and make your own take out Chinese dish healthier. This Kung Pao Chicken recipe is not only delicious and better than take-out Chinese, they re perfect to use for meal prep for those who are busy to prepare their meals daily.
What is the difference between Kung Pao Chicken and General TSO’s Chicken?
Generally, the biggest difference is that TSO’s chicken is battered and deep fried then tossed in a sweet spicy sauce. whereas, a Kung Pao chicken recipe is not battered and deep fried. Kung pao chicken is usually seared in a wok then tossed in a sweet marinade. If you ask me, Kung pao chicken is a winner when it comes to which one is healthier.
Is Kung Pao Chicken Bad for you?
It all comes down to how a Kung Pao Chicken recipe is prepared. If the chicken is battered, fried and doused in the sweet sauce then you are better off making your own healthier takeout Chicken at home. A Take-out Kung Pao chicken recipe isn’t quite healthy. They tend to be high in saturated fat, cholesterol, and sodium.
We absolutely love this Kung pao chicken recipe and hope you love it too. If you make it and you like it please take a moment to rate it. Also, leave me a comment below and let me know what you think. I would love to get some feedback from you.
More lunch and dinner ideas to check out:
- Chicken Pasta Puttanesca
- Meal Prep Turkey Meatball Zoodles Recipe
- Ground Turkey Cauliflower Rice Recipe
- Crispy Baked Salmon
- Easy Three Way Quinoa Lunch Bowl Recipe
Remember to subscribe to my NEWSLETTER for free and receive recipes like this Kung Pao Chicken Recipe delivered right to your inbox!
Finally, If you try a recipe and you like it, please use my hashtag #healthyfitnessmeals on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW Healthy Fitness Meals on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER for all of my latest blog posts and recipes.
Kung Pao Chicken Meal Prep
- 1 1/2 lbs Chicken Breasts cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 Garlic Cloves minced
- 2 Tbsp Sesame Oil
- 1 lb Green Beans ends trimmed
- 6-8 Chillies dried or fresh, to taste
- 2 Cups Cooked Brown Rice optional
For the Stir Fry sauce:
- 1/4 Cup Low Sodium Soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 2 Tbsp Hoisin Sauce
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Chili Paste
- 1 Tbsp Raw Honey
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 2 Tbsp Chopped Roasted Peanuts to garnish
- 2 Tbsp Sliced Green Onions
- In a small bowl add all stir fry sauce ingredients and whisk to combine.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of sesame oil skillet or wok over medium/high heat.
- Add in chicken, garlic and sauté for about 5 minutes, or until chicken is almost done. Set aside.
- Add the remaining sesame oil in the pan and stir in green beans and chilies. Stir fry for about 5-6 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Add in the chicken and the sauce and continue to cook for about 3-4 minutes more, or until the chicken is cooked all the way through.
- Garnish with chopped peanuts and green onions.
- Serve with cooked brown rice and enjoy!