Asparagus Stuffed Chicken Breast Recipe– Chicken breasts stuffed with asparagus, sun-dried tomatoes, and mozzarella cheese, and baked in the oven. Tender, juicy, easy to make chicken breast seasoned with garlic powder, paprika, and Italian seasoning mix.
Easy to make Asparagus Stuffed Chicken Breast Recipe
With only a few ingredients needed to make this asparagus stuffed chicken recipe, dinner will be ready in no time. Tired of having simple chicken breasts? Add a twist to your chicken recipe and stuff them with your favorite veggies and cheese. You can enjoy these stuffed chicken as is, make some roasted veggies on the side or use some of your favorite side dish recipes. I will tag a few side dishes towards the end to go along with this. Also, they will taste great with a side of brown rice or quinoa.
How do you make chicken not chewy?
When it comes to cooking chicken breast, it can get a bit dry or chewy when they are overcooked. Try not to overcook your chicken to prevent them from getting that chewy texture. If you aren’t sure at what temperature to cook your chicken, start at 325 F so it cooks slower and retains moisture. Chi
How long should I cook chicken?
If cooking chicken in the oven, it should take approximately 20 to 30 minutes if you prefer baking or roasting and set the oven at 375 degrees F. Cooking your chicken on the grill? it should take about 6-8 minutes on each side when using direct heat.
Does Chicken Cook faster covered or uncovered?
Chicken in the oven cooks faster when covered and retains moisture best this way. Cooking your chicken uncovered the whole time might cause your chicken to dry out before fully cooked. Cover chicken for the first 20 to 30 minutes to prevent drying out and overcooking and then uncover for the last 10-15 minutes to brown it and get a crispy outside. A Stuffed chicken breast recipe cooks differently though because the chicken is sliced thinner and stuffed with veggies which gives additional moisture to your chicken.
Making this stuffed chicken breast recipe?
I hope you love this stuffed chicken breast recipe as much as we do. If you make this stuffed chicken recipe and you like it please rate it and leave me some feedback in the comments below. Don’t forget to pin it and tag me on social media so I can see your remake.
As promised, here are a few side dish recipes that will taste great with this recipe:
- Avocado Tomato Salad
- Green Beans and Tomato Salad
- Hasselback Butternut Squash
- Maple Roasted Carrots
- Garlic Roasted Mushrooms
Also, remember to subscribe to my NEWSLETTER for free and receive recipes like this Stuffed Chicken Breast Recipe delivered right to your inbox!
If you try a recipe and you like it, please use my hashtag #healthyfitnessmeals on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW Healthy Fitness Meals on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER for all of my latest blog posts and recipes.
Asparagus Stuffed Chicken Breast
- 4 Skinless boneless chicken breasts about 1 1/2 lb.
- 1 Tsp Italian seasoning mix
- 1 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Tsp Smoked Paprika
- Sea salt and pepper
- 12 Asparagus stalks end trimmed
- 1 oz Sun-dried Tomatoes chopped
- 4 slices Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Preheat your oven to 400 F.
- Place the chicken on a clean chopping board and sprinkle with Italian seasoning, garlic powder, paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Start cutting each one lengthwise to create the pockets. Be careful not to cut all the way through.
- Add 3 sprigs of asparagus and a couple of pieces of sun-dried tomatoes to a mozzarella slice, then roll it to hold them inside. Stuff the chicken breasts with it.
- Close the pocket with a toothpick. Heat oil in a large and cast iron skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add in the chicken and sear it until nicely golden brown, about 3-5 minutes per side.
- Bake the chicken for 15-20 minutes, or until the cooked through and no longer pink in the inside. Enjoy!