This Cilantro Lime Grilled Salmon recipe is easy to make, flavorful, low in carbs, and a perfectly healthy salmon recipe to enjoy any day of the week for dinner or lunch. Ready in just 30 minutes. Tender, juicy, and flaky with each bite.
This simple and easy salmon recipe will be your go-to recipe when in a pinch. Made with simple ingredients and ready in just 30 minutes. Salmon is seasoned with salt, pepper, lime and zest, garlic, honey, and cilantro, then grilled to perfection until they are just tender and flaky. Serve these cilantro lime grilled salmon recipes with roasted veggies, rice, pasta, potatoes, or salad. A healthy and delicious meal that is perfect for meal prepping too! These salmon fillets can also be cooked/seared over your stovetop, baked in the oven, grilled outdoors, or grilled on a grill pan.
Why you will love this grilled salmon filets
- Healthy: Can’t get healthier than this! This grilled salmon recipe is perfectly healthy for everyone with any dieting needs. They are low in carbs, loaded with omega-3 fatty accids. Just so good for you?
- Easy to make: Pressed for time and not looking for a recipe that takes hours to make? Then this grilled cilantro lime salmon should be your go-to recipe. It takes just 30 minutes to make.
- Great for meal prepping: Are you into meal prepping? Then you will love how quick and simple this salmon recipe is. Can be cooked in large batches to make several meals for a few days.
INGREDIENTS you will need to make these cilantro grilled salmon
- 2 (6-oz.) salmon filets
- Kosher salt and pepper, to taste
- Oil: we used olive oil and toasted sesame oil.
- Lime: if you want, you may use lemon. You will need to use the zest too.
- Honey: you may use honey or maple syrup.
- Garlic cloves: use fresh garlic cloves instead of garlic powder.
- Fresh cilantro
How to make this simple grilled Salmon recipe
Remove the salmon from the fridge, season with salt and pepper, then place in a ziplock bag.
In a small bowl, whisk well the remaining ingredients. Add half of this marinade over the salmon and allow it to sit over the counter for 15 minutes. Keep the remaining marinade to bash over the salmon at the end.
Preheat a grill pan or an outdoor grill over medium heat. Grill the salmon for 4-7 minutes per side, or until charred and flaky.
Bash with the remaining marinade twice while grilling.
frequently asked questions
Press the top of the salmon with a fork along the white lines on the salmon filet, if it separates and flakes easily then it is done cooking and can be taken off the heat.
Technically, they said it is ok to eat the skin of the salmon since it comes with some health benefits. This is going to be a personal preference and we prefer not to eat the skin. We do like to cook the salmon fillets with their skin on.
Rinsing any raw meat is not advised by the Food and Drug Administration. Rinsing raw meat will only spread more harmful germs and bacteria onto the surfaces of your kitchen. Cooking the meat thoroughly will remove and kill any bacteria that may have been present in the meat.
We prefer to cook salmon fillets with the skin on. To cook the salmon, start with the skin side on first, then after 4-5 minutes, flip to the other side and cook for another 4-5 minutes on medium heat.
More simple salmon recipes you may like
- Blackened Salmon
- Miso Glazed Salmon
- Pan-seared Honey Glazed Salmon
- Honey Garlic Salmon
- BBQ Salmon
- Baked Terriyaki Salmon
- Creamy Tuscan Salmon
More heealthy recipes to try
- Grilled Chicken Kale Salad
- Air Fryer Homemade onion rings
- Homemade Healthy Coleslaw Salad
- Oatmeal Breakfast Bars
- Keto Shrimp Skillet
If you try a recipe and you like it, leave us some feedback in the comment section below, and don’t forget to rate it! We would love it if you shared it with friends and family. Finally, please use our hashtag #healthyfitnessmeals on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW Healthy Fitness Meals on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER for all of our latest blog posts and recipes.
Cilantro Lime Grilled Salmon Fillet Recipes
- 12 oz salmon filets 2 filets, 6.oz each
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 limes juiced
- zest of 1 lime
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1-2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 tbsp finely chopped cilantro
- Remove the salmon from the fridge, season with salt and pepper, then place in a ziplock bag.
- In a small bowl, whisk well the remaining ingredients. Add half of this marinade over the salmon and allow it to sit over the counter for 15 minutes. Keep the remaining marinade to bash over the salmon at the end.
- Preheat a grill pan or an outdoor grill over medium heat. Grill the salmon for 4-7 minutes per side, or until charred and flaky.
- Bash with the remaining marinade twice while grilling.
- Use any oil of choice.
- You may use skin-on or skinless salmon.
- Cook the salmon skin side on first.
- Do not overcook the salmon
- Use lemons if you don’t have lime
- fresh cilantro works best.
- If you do not have an outdoor grill, use an indoor grill.
- You can easily double up on the ingredients to make a serving of 4