[mv_video key=”ddmhprjauqjr1afkaclq” sticky volume=”70″ aspectRatio title=”Healthy Broccoli Cheddar Soup” thumbnail=”https://mediavine-res.cloudinary.com/video/upload/ddmhprjauqjr1afkaclq.jpg”]Healthy Broccoli Cheddar Soup Recipe- a healthier version of the classic broccoli and cheddar soup. Made with milk instead of cream and loaded with Broccoli, carrots and celery. This recipe makes about 6 servings.
Healthy Broccoli Cheddar Soup
If you love the broccoli cheddar soup at Panera then you will love this made from scratch Healthy Broccoli Cheddar Soup. This recipe is comforting food at its best for this cold weather that’s looming. It is very filling and so delicious that one bowl won’t be enough.
I love making soup and this Healthy Broccoli Cheddar Soup recipe is a huge winner in our house. Not sure how to sneak in veggies into your kid’s diet? Try adding them in soup. Even though my kids don’t complain when I make sauteed broccoli, they don’t really like celery and carrots. So adding them in soup is brilliant and they not only eat it they love it!
Healthy Broccoli Cheddar Soup Options:
If you would like to make a vegan version of this Healthy Broccoli Cheddar Soup recipe you can swap a few of the ingredients to make it into a vegan soup.
Swap the Butter for more olive oil, use vegetable broth, almond or cashew milk instead of regular milk, and finally use vegan cheddar cheese. You can find this at health food stores.
I love the fact that some of you tag me on Instagram and show me your remakes! If you make this Healthy Broccoli Cheddar Soup please let me know if you liked it.
Here are some other soup recipes that you might like. Check them out:
- Mexican Chicken Soup Recipe
- Homemade Roasted Tomato Soup
- Italian Chicken and Bean Soup
- Healthy Summer Corn Chowder Soup
Remember to subscribe to my NEWSLETTER for free and receive all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
If you try a recipe and you like it, please use my hashtag #healthyfitnessmeals on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW Healthy Fitness Meals on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER for all of my latest blog posts and recipes.
Healthy Broccoli Cheddar Soup Recipe Below:
Healthy Broccoli Cheddar Soup
- 1 Tbsp Butter or Ghee
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp Gluten-Free Flour
- 2 Cups Chicken or Vegetable Stock
- 2 Cups Milk
- 1 Medium Sweet Yellow Onion
- 1 Clove Garlic diced, minced or pressed
- 1 medium Carrot diced
- 2 Stalks Celery thinly sliced
- 8 Cups Broccoli chopped small
- 1 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1 1/2 Cup Low-fat Grated Cheddar Cheese Plus more for garnish
- In a small bowl, whisk flour and cold stock until well combined.
- Heat olive oil and butter/ghee in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Saute onions until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add in carrots, celery, and garlic and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes. Add in broccoli, cayenne pepper, milk stock, and flour mixture, and simmer until veggies are tender and soup is creamy. About 8-10 minutes.
- Transfer about half of the soup to a blender. Blend until smooth, then stir the mixture back into the pot.
- Stir in Cheddar cheese and season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to your taste. Enjoy!