Honey Sriracha Chicken Meal Prep Bowls are made with crispy baked chicken breast pieces drizzled in a simple sweet and spicy sauce recipe. Serve it over rice with cucumbers and lime for a flavorful make-ahead lunch or dinner that’s ready in just about 30 minutes.
These Honey Sriracha Chicken Meal Prep Bowls are hearty, flavorful, and easy to make. They have a sweet, slightly spicy flavor to them and they make a perfect meal for lunch or dinner. With the crunchy breading on the chicken, it turns out perfectly crispy and super moist. The cucumbers add a refreshing bite that balances out the saucy chicken. So good!
You can prep these bowls at the beginning of the week and have a ready-to-go meal option all week long!
Why you’ll love this healthy chicken recipe
- Super tasty: All of the components for these chicken and rice bowls come together for major deliciousness! From the panko-crusted chicken covered in the sweet and spicy sauce to the fresh cucumbers and rice, this meal is anything but boring!
- Easy to make: There are a few steps to make this recipe, like breading the chicken and stirring together the sauce, but each one is really simple and fairly quick. You’ll have 4 entire meals ready to go in just about 30 minutes.
- Great to make ahead: Prepare and assemble the bowls on Sunday, and then have lunch or dinner prepared for the whole week!
Ingredients needed for this chicken meal prep
This honey sriracha chicken recipe is super flavorful! Pair it with rice and fresh cucumbers for meal prep bowls that are satisfying and delicious. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Chicken: You’ll need about 1 pound of boneless, skinless chicken breast that is diced into 1-inch pieces.
- Salt & pepper: To season the chicken.
- Flour: This will help seal in the moisture of the chicken and along with the bread crumbs, coating the chicken in flour will help it crisp up while baking. It also helps the breading adhere to the chicken. Use gluten-free, as needed.
- Eggs & olive oil: The eggs and oil create a sticky paste on the chicken for the breadcrumbs to stick to.
- Panko breadcrumbs: Panko crumbs are lighter and crunchier than normal breadcrumbs, making the end result nice and crunchy.
- English cucumber: Adds fresh flavor to the bowls and balances the spiciness of the sriracha.
- Sesame oil & sesame seeds: A small amount of sesame oil adds a nutty, earthy taste to the cucumbers and the sesame seeds add texture.
- Rice: We like jasmine rice with this meal, but any variety works.
- Lime: Cut into wedges to squeeze lime juice over the finished bowl.
- Honey sriracha sauce: The homemade sauce recipe is a combination of tomato passata (tomato puree), honey, sriracha, and salt.
How to make this recipe
- Prep: Preheat the oven to 425ºF and line a large sheet pan with parchment paper. Place the chopped chicken in a bowl and season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with the flour and stir to coat.
- Bread the chicken: In a bowl, whisk the eggs and oil until combined. To a shallow plate, add the breadcrumbs. Dip the chicken pieces into the beaten eggs, then coat with breadcrumbs and place them on the prepared sheet pan. Bake the chicken for 10 minutes, or until crispy.
- Make the sauce: Meanwhile, place all the ingredients for the honey-sriracha sauce in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes to allow the flavors to meld.
- Add sauce to chicken: Drizzle the honey-sriracha sauce over the chicken and continue to bake for 6-8 minutes.
- Prep the cucumbers and assemble the bowls: Meanwhile, chop the cucumber into bite-sized pieces, drizzle with the sesame oil, and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Divide it among 4 meal prep bowls together with the cooked rice and the lime wedges.
- Add chicken: Once the chicken is done, allow it to cool, then add it to the meal prep bowls.
- Line your pan with parchment paper for easy cleanup.
- Be sure to cut the chicken into similar-sized pieces, so they all bake at the same rate.
- If you’d like to make these bowls lower in carbs and calories, try using cauliflower rice in place of jasmine rice.
Frequently asked questions
This honey sriracha sauce recipe is a combination of tomato puree, honey, sriracha, and salt that is simmered in a saucepan for about 5 minutes, until thick and flavorful. It has a sweet taste with a subtle kick of heat that is incredible tasting!
See the full nutrition of this bowl recipe in the recipe card, below. For 4 servings, this meal is loaded with protein from the chicken with 35 grams. It has over 600 calories and 91 grams of carbs, mostly from rice. To cut down on calories and carbs, feel free to use cauliflower rice or even make 5 to 6 bowls.
Sriracha gets its heat from red jalapeños peppers. The sriracha sauce on its own is only moderately spicy. In this honey sriracha sauce recipe, it is combined with honey and tomato puree, so the overall flavor of the sauce is only slightly spicy.
Store leftovers in airtight containers. Everything will keep fresh, in the fridge, for up to about 3-4 days.
More meal prep recipes
- Honey Salmon and Asparagus Bowls
- Teriyaki Chicken Meal Prep Bowls
- Oven-Baked Salmon Meal Prep Bowls
- Honey Garlic Chicken Bowls
- Garlic Lime Shrimp with Cilantro Lime Rice
- Turkey Meatballs with Zoodles
If you try a recipe and you like it, leave us some feedback in the comment section below. Don’t forget to rate the recipe, too! We would love it if you shared it with friends and family.
Finally, please use our hashtag #healthyfitnessmeals on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW Healthy Fitness Meals on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER for all of our latest blog posts and recipes.
Honey Sriracha Chicken Meal Prep Bowls
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast diced into 1-inch pieces
- Kosher salt and ground pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup flour gluten-free if needed
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs gluten-free if needed
- 1 English cucumber
- 2 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 2 cups cooked jasmine rice
- 1 lime cut into wedges
Honey Sriracha Sauce:
- 2/3 cup tomato passata (tomato puree)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup Sriracha or to taste
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt or to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425ºF and line a large sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Place the chopped chicken in a bowl and season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with the flour and stir to coat.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs and oil until combined. To a shallow plate, add the breadcrumbs.
- Dip the chicken pieces into the beaten eggs, then coat with breadcrumbs and place on the prepared sheet pan. Bake the chicken for 10 minutes, or until crispy.
- Meanwhile, place all the ingredients for the honey-sriracha sauce in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes to allow the flavors to meld.
- Drizzle the honey-sriracha sauce over the chicken and continue to bake for 6-8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, chop the cucumber into bite-sized pieces, drizzle with the sesame oil, and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Divide it among 4 meal prep bowls together with the cooked rice and the lime wedges.
- Once the chicken is done, allow it to cool, then add it to the meal prep bowls.