Zucchini Fritters Recipe – An easy vegetarian recipe that’s fun to put together, a healthy appetizer or side dish recipe, crispy on the outside and perfectly soft on the inside.
Easy Zucchini Fritters Recipe
This Zucchini fritters recipe is so tasty it will be hard to have only one serving. They are so crispy on the outside but perfectly soft on the inside. Loaded with flavor and veggies, this fritters recipe is great to try to incorporate into your kid’s meals and dinner table. You can have these as an appetizer or side dish. Makes a great side dish for some grilled chicken or salmon.
What do you eat with veggie fritters?
If you would like to have this zucchini fritters recipe as a side dish alongside a meal and not sure what you can have it with then try these simple and easy salmon recipes:
- Crispy Baked Salmon
- Pan-Seared Southwestern Salmon
- Honey Lime Salmon
- Grilled Lemon Dill Salmon Skewers
- Spice Crusted Salmon
Can you freeze vegetable fritters?
I recommend cooking the veggie fritters or zucchini fritters first before freezing. Allow them to cool down first, then place in an airtight container and freeze for up to one month. Simply defrost them and reheat either in the oven or microwave.
How do you shred zucchini?
It is best to use a grater to shred zucchini for fritters or bread. Allow the zucchini water to drain out of the zucchini for about 15 minutes either using a cloth or paper towel. This will prevent the fritters from getting too soggy.
How to make zucchini fritters:
Making this zucchini fritters recipe is quite simple. The most part that will take a little effort from you will be grating the veggies you are using. In this case, you will be shredding zucchini, sweet potatoes, and carrots. First, make sure you grate the veggies small so that they cook evenly throughout.
Then, add the grated veggies in a bowl and go ahead and add your other ingredients. Namely: herbs, flour, eggs, and parmesan cheese. Mix well until they are combined and then cook over a non-stick pan over medium heat for 3-4 minutes on each side.
Making this zucchini fritters recipe?
I would love to hear from you if you made this easy and tasty zucchini fritters recipe. If you liked it please leave me some feedback below in the comments. Also, don’t forget to give it a 5-star rating.
Love Zucchini? I have some other easy zucchini recipes you can check out:
- Low Carb Zucchini Lasagna Casserole
- Zucchini Corn Salad
- Taco Stuffed Zucchini Cups
- Zucchini Pizza Bites
- Burrito Zucchini Boats
- Zucchini Lasagna Boats
Remember to subscribe to my NEWSLETTER for free and receive recipes like this Zucchini Fritters Recipe delivered right to your inbox!
If you try a recipe and you like it, please use my hashtag #healthyfitnessmeals on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW Healthy Fitness Meals on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER for all of my latest blog posts and recipes.
Easy Zucchini Fritters Recipe
- 1 Large Zucchini
- 1 Small Sweet Potato peeled
- 1 Medium Carrot peeled
- ¼ Cup Finely chopped green onion
- 3 Garlic Cloves minced
- 2-3 Tbsp Chopped Parsley
- ½ Tsp Salt, or to taste
- ¼ Tsp Ground Pepper or to taste
- 2 Large Eggs
- ½ Cup Rice Flour
- ¼ Cup Ground Parmesan Cheese
- ¼ Cup Olive or Avocado oil
- The easiest way to prep the veggies is by using your food processor and set up the small shredding blade. Alternatively, you can use a medium-small grater. The veggies need to be grated in small bits so they can cook evenly.
- Start by grating the zucchini, then squeeze as much water as you can and place them in a large bowl.
- Continue to shred the sweet potato and carrot and add it to the bowl. Stir in the remaining ingredients: green onion, garlic, parsley, salt, pepper, eggs, rice flour, and cheese. Using your hands or a large spoon, mix thoroughly until well combined.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick pan over medium heat. Add about one spoonful of mixture into the pan, and gently press it down to create a round shape fritter.
- Cook about 4 fritters at a time, for about 3-4 minutes per side. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate until finished.
- Serve with your favorite dip and enjoy!