Burrito Zucchini Boats – These Healthy burritos are low carbs and the perfect meal the whole family can enjoy. Easy to make burrito recipe made with zucchini and incredibly delicious.
Low Carb Burrito Zucchini Boats Recipe
No better way to make your burritos healthier! This burrito zucchini boat recipe is keto-friendly and the best low carb and flavorful dinner you will ever have. Bursting with flavor and easy to make they are guilt-free and packed with Mexican flavors. Skipping on the tortilla for this Burrito recipe and grabbing some zucchinis instead makes it a great way to cut down on the carbs and adding some veggies into your diet.
Do you eat the skin on zucchini boats?
Once cleaned properly before you prepare your zucchini boats the skin on the zucchini is perfectly ok to eat. Some large zucchinis that have tougher skins might have a bit of a bitter taste to it. So always try to use small to medium-sized zucchinis.
Can you freeze zucchini boats?
You can freeze zucchini boats if you make extra and want to save some for later. They may not taste as fresh as the time you made them and will be a bit soggy since you have to reheat them but they will still taste great.
How long do these zucchini boats last in the fridge?
This burrito zucchini boat recipe will keep well in the fridge. They should be good for 3-4 days in the fridge and just reheated when needed. They can be reheated in the microwave or oven.
Burrito Toppings options
This burrito recipe has beans and corn. In small enough amounts this recipe can be keto-friendly and a delicious low carb recipe. Some optional garnishes: chopped avocado, sliced green onions, fresh chopped parsley or cilantro. Also, spice it up with some jalapenos or chili flakes.
Making this Burrito Zucchini Boats Recipe?
I would love to hear from you if you made this low carb burrito recipe and liked it. If you take any pics of this please tag me on Instagram. I would love to reshare it. Also, leave me a comment below with any feedback!
Want more Zucchini recipes? Here are a few below to check out:
- Baked Zoodle Egg Nests
- Parmesan Zucchini Corn Salad
- Low Carb Shrimp Scampi Zoodles
- Taco Stuffed Zucchini Cups
- Chili Salmon Zucchini Noodles
- Zucchini Enchilada Roll-ups
- Keto Zucchini Fries
Also, remember to subscribe to my NEWSLETTER for free and receive recipes like this Burrito Zucchini Boats Recipe delivered right to your inbox!
Finally, if you try a recipe and you like it, please use my hashtag #healthyfitnessmeals on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW Healthy Fitness Meals on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER for all of my latest blog posts and recipes.
Burrito Zucchini Boats
- 3 Medium Zucchini halved lengthwise
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil divided
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 Small Onion Diced
- 2 Garlic Cloves minced
- 1 Lb Ground Beef
- ½ Tsp Chili Powder
- ½ Tsp Ground Cumin
- ¼ Tsp Paprika
- ½ Cup Black Beans drained and rinsed
- ½ Cup Corn fresh frozen or canned
- 1 Cup Tomato Sauce
- 1 Cup Shredded Monterey jack cheese
- Optional garnishes: chopped avocado, sliced green onions, fresh chopped parsley or
- Preheat your oven to 375F.
- Using a small spoon, scoop out insides of the zucchini, then dice them and reserve for later.
- Place zucchini halves cut side up into the bottom of the large baking pan and lightly grease with olive oil; season with salt and pepper, then place into the oven and bake until zucchini softens 8-10 minutes.
- In a large nonstick pan, heat the remaining oil. Sauté the onion, for 3-4 minutes, then add in garlic and cook for one minute more, until fragrant.
- Add ground beef and cook until it starts to brown, breaking it up with a wooden spoon as it cooks.
- Drain the fat if needed, then stir in the spices, together with the reserved zucchini flesh, beans, corn, and tomato sauce. Continue to simmer until the sauce thickens, about 5-6 minutes.
- Stuff the zucchini boats with the burrito meat mixture, then top with shredded cheese. Return to the oven and continue to bake until cheese is bubbly about 10 more minutes. Top with garnishes of choice and enjoy!
- You can use yellow or green zucchini or use both
- Meat substitutes can be chicken, turkey or beef.
- Cheese can be low fat, whole, or fat-free