This Asian Chopped Chicken Salad recipe is so easy to make and so filling it is the perfect lunch or dinner the whole family can enjoy. If you are in a hurry and think lunch has to be fast food, this salad is just that! Asian inspired flavors that will be a winner.
Easy to make Asian Chopped Chicken Salad
Asian Chopped Chicken Salad can also be made as a dinner option. Adjust the servings below and prepare a big bowl for the whole family.
Do your kids love helping out in the kitchen when you are cooking? Mine do! Especially if we are chopping up some salad. When I made this Asian Chicken Salad, my girls helped out with the chopping. They get me all nervous when it comes to chopping so we only use a butter knife for this.
The almonds add a bit of crunch to this leafy meal while the chicken gives more texture and a kick of flavor. My kids even like this salad so as a Mom that is a BIG deal.
What is the healthiest salad?
What you hear the word salad you automatically think oh healthy! But that’s not always the case. Depending on what you put on your salad will determine how healthy it is. The healthiest salad would be one that’s loaded with green leafy vegetables, has a good amount of lean protein, have some more fresh veggies or fruits like berries added to it. Most importantly get in the habit of skinny on croutons and store-bought salad dressings. Make your own healthy dressing that should be a simple combination of salt, pepper, lemons, vinegar, and olive oil.
Making this Asian Chicken Salad?
We love this Asian Chicken Salad and hope you love it too. I would love to hear about your favorite salads, share them below in the comments or tag me on Instagram and use the hashtag #healthyfitnessmeals so I can also see your remakes.
Hungry for more delicious and easy recipes? Try these:
- Honey Sesame Chicken
- Healthier Pumpkin Muffins
- Chicken Fajitas
- Pesto Shrimp Zoodles
- Asian Chicken Cups Recipe
Also, remember to subscribe to my NEWSLETTER for free and receive recipes like this Asian Chopped Chicken Salad Recipe delivered right to your inbox!
Finally, if you try a recipe and you like it, please use my hashtag #healthyfitnessmeals on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW Healthy Fitness Meals on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER for all of my latest blog posts and recipes.
How to make this Asian Chopped Chicken Salad:
Asian Chopped Chicken Salad
Grilled chicken, colorful veggies, and almonds, all tossed in a sesame ginger dressing.
- 4 thin boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups purple cabbage chopped
- 3 cups napa or savoy cabbage chopped
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup almonds sliced
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons cilantro chopped
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger finely minced
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 tablespoon sesame oil
- Heat a grill or grill pan over medium-high heat. Drizzle the olive oil over the chicken breasts and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Grill for 4-5 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
- While the chicken is cooking, combine the cabbage and carrots in a large bowl.
Cut the chicken into 1-inch pieces and add them to the vegetables.
- In a small bowl combine the soy sauce, rice vinegar, ginger, honey, and sesame oil; whisk until combined. Add salt and pepper to taste if desired.
- Pour the dressing over the chicken and vegetables. Add the cilantro and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle the sesame seeds and almonds over the top of the salad and serve.
Please keep in mind that the nutritional information is calculated using a nutrition facts calculator. It is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.