If you enjoy sweet and savory flaky salmon that is perfectly tender, then you will love this easy Honey-Lime Glazed Salmon recipe that is pan-seared on the stovetop. Made with sweet honey and fresh lime juice for a yummy glaze, and olive oil, this salmon recipe is delicious and perfect with rice and veggies!
Ready in about 30 minutes or less for an easy dinner, this pan-seared Honey Glazed Salmon is a simple recipe that is family-friendly, low-carb, gluten-free, and yummy.
Sweet honey and bright, tart, fresh lime juice are glazed over the salmon fillets and create flavors that are satisfying, bold, and healthy. Salmon is rich in healthy protein and fats that are great for the body and will keep the hunger aside for a few hours.
This salmon and lime recipe is perfect for meal prep whenever you are wanting to stick to a healthier diet and lifestyle at home for lunch or dinner. Simply prepare a batch of quinoa, cauliflower rice, or fluffy white rice to serve alongside this salmon with lime and honey glaze.
Why you will love this honey and lime salmon recipe
- Simple and Ready in Minutes: Prepare this honey glazed salmon whenever you are short on time or just want something quick and easy. You will have dinner or lunch ready in no more than 30 minutes with this glazed salmon recipe!
- Meal Prep Friendly: Salmon is super easy to prepare for meal prep and will cover your lunch and dinner needs for a few days. There are so many different ways to serve the salmon, too, so get creative.
- Low-Carb and Healthy: This glazed salmon is made with fresh real ingredients and fish that is rich in lean protein, omega-3s, gluten-free, refined sugar-free, and low in carbs. Salmon is great to have for lunch or dinner if you’re trying to eat healtheir!
- Easy to Customize: Switch things up with different proteins and ingredients. You can also prepare this salmon different ways other than the stovetop such as baking in the oven with foil and grilling.
Ingredients you will need to make these pan-seared salmon fillets
To make this healthy honey-glazed salmon recipe, you will need the following ingredients. Full measurements will be listed further down below.
- Olive Oil: High-quality olive oil is a great healthy oil for this salmon recipe and provides aromatic flavors.
- Salmon: We use salmon fillets that are between four to six ounces big because they are perfect in sizes and cook well. If you’re using bigger fillets, then you may have to adjust the cook time.
- Lime: We will use both the juice and zest of the lime to help add an incredible flavor profile to this salmon recipe.
- Honey: The honey not only adds an element of sweet to nicely balance the tang of the lime, but it just adds to the flavor profile as well!
- Salt and pepper: Just add this to taste. I don’t like using a lot of salt, and if you’re on a low sodium diet, feel free to omit it all together!
- Cilantro: This is optional, but I like to add a little cilantro on top of my salmon as a garnish. Paired with a fresh lime wedge, it adds nice color and contrast to the pink salmon.
How to make this honey lime salmon
- Season the salmon: First, heat some oil in a large skillet over high heat. We like to use a large skillet so the salmon fillets have plenty of room to cook and get evenly browned.
- Cook: Season the salmon with salt and pepper on both sides so it has plenty of flavor while the oil gets warm. We like to pat the salmon dry with a paper towel before seasoning so the flavors stick better. Place the salmon in the heated oil and cook for four minutes on each side to prevent it from overcooking.
- Make the lime and honey glaze: Meanwhile, create the lime juice glaze by mixing honey, lime juice and zest, salt, and pepper. Using these simple ingredients for the glaze allows you to enjoy sweet salmon but with healthy ingredients.
- Drizzle salmon with glaze: With a spoon or measuring cup, evenly pour the sweet glaze over the cooked salmon fillets making sure to coat all of the salmon. Cover all of the salmon with the glaze so you can taste the sweetness with each bite and allow the salmon to cook in the pan for one more minute.
- Serve: Remove the salmon from the heat and serve immediately with fresh cilantro, lime wedges, and prepared rice. Refrigerate any leftovers.
RECIPE NOTES, TIPS, AND SUBSTITUTIONS
- You can use either fresh or frozen salmon fillets for this recipe. If you are using frozen samon, then be sure to allow the salmon to thaw just before preparing this honey glazed samon recipe.
- Cook the fish until a meat thermometer reads at least 145 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Stainless steel and cast iron pans are best for this salmon because it doesn’t stick to them while cooking. Use any kind of nonstick pan for an easier cooking experience.
- Instead of honey, you can use maple syrup or agave nectar. Use lemon instead of lime if you would like.
- Any kind of cooking oil will work for this lime and salmon recipe.
- Use chicken for honey lime glazed chicken or try different types of fish.
frequently asked questions
Both are great options and create salmon that is healthy and full of tender fresh flavors.
Some of our favorite veggies to eat with salmon include green beans, kale, sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, cauliflower, brussels sprouts, carrots, spinach, salads, and more.
Some people like to leave the skin on salmon and others like to remove it before eating. Eating the skin on the salmon is a personal preference although some people say it contains health benefits.
What to serve with this seared honey salmon recipe
Apart from rice, quinoa, and cauliflower rice, here are some of our favorite veggies to serve with this glazed salmon:
- Crispy oven-baked asparagus
- Baked Zucchini Chips
- Healthy Garlic Oven Roasted Mushrooms Recipe
- Crispy Smashed Potatoes
- Easy Marinated Tomatoes
More Easy Seafood Recipes
- Easy Salmon Florentine
- Pan Seared Spice-Crusted Salmon Recipe
- Fish Taco Salad Bowl Recipe
- Easy Sesame Ginger Shrimp Stir-fry Recipe
- How To Make Shrimp Ceviche
Remember to subscribe to my NEWSLETTER for free and receive all my new recipes like this Honey Lime Salmon Recipe delivered right to your inbox!
If you try a recipe and you like it, please use my hashtag #healthyfitnessmeals on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW Healthy Fitness Meals on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER for all of my latest blog posts and recipes.
Honey Lime Salmon Recipe
- Heat 1 teaspoon of olive oil in a medium pan over high heat. Season the salmon generously with salt and pepper.
- Place the salmon, skin side up, in the pan and cook for approximately 4 minutes on each side or until fish is opaque.
- In a small bowl whisk together the remaining 2 teaspoons of olive oil, honey, lime juice, zest, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Drizzle the glaze over the salmon and cook for 1 more minute, using a spoon to baste the salmon with the glaze.
- Serve immediately, garnished with cilantro and lime wedges if desired.
- You can use fresh or frozen salmon fillets for this recipe. I prefer to use fresh, but if you use frozen, be sure to defrost it thoroughly before you begin cooking. Pat the fillets with paper towel to remove any excess moisture.
- Cooking times may vary depending on the thickness of your fillet.
- Use a non stick, flat pan to cook the salmon. The fish is more likely to stick on cast iron and stainless steel pans.
- If you are using an instant read thermometer, it should register at 145ºF.
- Take care not to overcook the salmon. When over cooked it can become dry and chewy.