This Honey Lime Salmon recipe is perfect for an evening when you are in a hurry as it only takes a mere 20 minutes to make. If you are looking for a quick and easy dinner option you have found it!
Super Easy To Make Honey Lime Salmon Recipe
Keeping dinners healthy while still swamped with kids activities or household errands is important. This Honey Lime Salmon recipe goes from prep to table in under a half an hour.
Serve it up with some fried rice or a greens salad to keep it light. It’s even a great idea to use this salmon recipe for some of your meal prep meals. You really can’t go wrong.
What are the benefits of eating Salmon?
Salmon is loaded with Omega-3 fatty acids and Vitamin B12 which are linked to improving brain function and cognition. It helps reduces the risk of heart disease and balancing blood pressure. There are many other health benefits of salmon such as, promoting healthy skin, supporting weight loss, fighting inflammation and assisting in maintaining proper thyroid function. Do you need more convincing to make this Honey Lime Salmon Recipe?
Do you cook Salmon with the skin up or down?
It’s always interesting to find out how people cook their salmon. First of all its essential to keep the skin of the salmon on when cooking up that salmon recipe. The skin provides a safety layer between the flesh of the fish and the pan. It is best to cook the salmon with the skin down first for a few minutes until its crispy and then flip to the other side.
How can you tell if Salmon is undercooked?
If you find a salmon recipe you like but worry about how to find out if you cooked it well or not? You can always Check using a thermometer. But you really don’t need to. A well cooked Salmon will flake easily when you use a fork and test it right in the middle of it. A well-cooked salmon will have a more opaque orange or pink center as opposed to a translucent orange center when it is undercooked.
If you make this Honey Lime Salmon Recipe I would like to know what you served it with? I love having it over salad! you? leave me a comment below and let me know!
Looking for more easy lunch recipes? Check these out below:
- Barbecue Chicken Quinoa Bowl
- Pan Seared Spice-Crusted Salmon Recipe
- Fish Taco Salad Bowl Recipe
- Easy Sesame Ginger Shrimp Stir-fry Recipe
Remember to subscribe to my NEWSLETTER for free and receive all my new recipes like this Honey Lime Salmon Recipe delivered right to your inbox!
If you try a recipe and you like it, please use my hashtag #healthyfitnessmeals on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW Healthy Fitness Meals on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER for all of my latest blog posts and recipes.
How to make this Honey Lime Salmon Recipe:
Honey Lime Salmon Recipe
- 2 Salmon fillets 4-6 ounces each
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil divided use
- 1 Lime for zest and juice
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional garnishes: fresh cilantro and lime wedges
- Heat 1 teaspoon of olive oil in a medium pan over high heat. Season the salmon generously with salt and pepper.
- Place the salmon, skin side up, in the pan and cook for approximately 4 minutes on each side or until fish is opaque.
In a small bowl whisk together the remaining 2 teaspoons of olive oil, honey, lime juice, zest, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Drizzle the glaze over the salmon and cook for 1 more minute, using a spoon to baste the salmon with the glaze.
- Serve immediately, garnished with cilantro and lime wedges if desired.