This Banana Ice Cream recipe is a Dairy-free frozen banana “ice cream” with no added sugar – top with tropical fruit for a cool treat. Perfect for any time of the year! Have your ice cream with no guilt all summer long.
Tropical Banana “Ice Cream” Recipe
This Banana Ice Cream is a great way to cool off with a refreshing taste of fresh fruit. This recipe is a hit in my family. We make it all the time and ‘try’ to keep it stalked all summer long. Its super fun to make this healthy ice cream and would be a great alternative for the kids or adults this summer. No need to worry about an ice cream maker and you won’t have to throw our any more over-ripe bananas.
Do bananas lose nutrients when frozen?
If you are freeing your own fresh bananas at home the bananas won’t be losing any nutrients. However, the packaged frozen bananas tend to have less potassium in them because they have been blanched before packaging and freezing to prevent them from browning. As a result, if you are able to freeze your own that would be even better.
How long can you freeze bananas
So, bananas can be frozen in two different ways. Say what? Often times freeze them with the peels on which lasts about 2 months. If they are frozen with peel and cut up into smaller pieces, they can last up till 4 months.
What is banana rich in
Bananas are very well known for their potassium content. A medium sized banana contains about 320- 420 mg of potassium which is good for heart health and maintaining blood pressure and healthy kidney functions. Furthermore, bananas are a great source of dietary fiber. Pectin and resistant starch which is great for digestive health.
Do you have a favorite homemade ice cream recipe you always turn to? Please share it with me below. Who doesn’t love more ice cream, right?! Also, I hope you love this Tropical Banana ice cream recipe as much as we do.
More easy treats to try:
- Healthy Pumpkin Muffins
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread Recipe
- Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Banana Protein Donuts
Finally, remember to subscribe to my NEWSLETTER for free and receive recipes like this Banana Ice Cream Recipe delivered right to your inbox!
If you try a recipe and you like it, please use my hashtag #healthyfitnessmeals on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW Healthy Fitness Meals on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER for all of my latest blog posts and recipes.
Tropical Banana "Ice Cream" recipe
Dairy-free frozen banana "ice cream" with no added sugar - top with tropical fruit for a cool treat.
- 2 bananas very ripe, peeled, cut into coins, then frozen
- 1/2 cup mango frozen
- 1/2 cup pineapple frozen
- 1/4 cup coconut milk or more if needed
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh fruit such as kiwi pineapple, and mango
- 2 tablespoons coconut flakes
- Optional: fresh mint for garnish
- Place the frozen fruit in a food processor or high powered blender. Add the coconut milk. Blend for approximately 5 minutes, stopping occasionally to stir, until a creamy frozen mixture is formed - you may need to add a little more coconut milk to reach your desired consistency.
Spoon the "ice cream" into bowls or alternatively spoon it into a piping bag fitted with a star tip and pipe into bowls to get the soft serve to look as shown in the picture.
- Top the "ice cream" with fresh fruit and coconut flakes and serve. Garnish with mint if desired.