This Low Carb Zucchini Lasagna Boat recipe is not only delicious, but it’s also a Keto and Gluten-free recipe that’s made with ground turkey instead of beef. This recipe is a healthier alternative to the classic lasagna recipe.
Low Carb Zucchini Lasagna Boats
This noodle-less Zucchini lasagna recipe will definitely become a regular meal on your dinner table. It is a healthier version of your typical lasagna recipe. I love the fact that this Zucchini Lasagna boat recipe is low in carbs, keto-friendly, and Gluten-free. What’s there to not like about this recipe. It is very tasty and easy to put together.
How do you make a traditional lasagna?
Firstly, this Zucchini Lasagna boat recipe is the perfect recipe to replace the traditional lasagna. How to make traditional lasagna? Well, traditional lasagna calls for lasagna noodles and ground beef along with all the other ingredients found in this Zucchini lasagna recipe. Also, the main ingredient that makes this into a low-carb meal is the zucchini swap for the pasta. Lastly, I chose to use ground turkey instead of ground beef but you can use extra lean ground beef if you prefer.
Lastly, I would love to see your remakes if you plan to make this Zucchini Lasagna Boat recipe. Leave me a comment below and let me know what you think. Like it? Please pin it and share it.
Hungry for more? Check these recipes out:
- Italian Turkey Meatballs
- Pesto Shrimp Zoodles
- Chicken And Broccoli Stir-Fry
- Spinach and Feta Turkey Burgers
Remember to subscribe to my NEWSLETTER for free and receive all my new recipes like this Zucchini lasagna recipe delivered right to your inbox!
Finally, if you try a recipe and you like it, please use my hashtag #healthyfitnessmeals on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW Healthy Fitness Meals on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER for all of my latest blog posts and recipes.
Low Carb Zucchini Lasagna Boats
- 2 Zucchini Medium-Large
- 1/2 lb Lean Ground Turkey
- 1/2 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 Garlic Clove minced
- 1 1/2 Cup Marinara Sauce
- 1 Cup Part-skim Ricotta Cheese
- 1 Egg
- 2 Tbsp Chopped fresh parsley plus more for garnish
- 1 Cup Shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 Cup Shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Slice zucchini in half on length, and scoop the inside out with a spoon.
- Place them in a baking dish, cut side up and spray with cooking spray.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper then bake for 10-12 minutes until the zucchini softens a bit.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add ground turkey, Italian seasoning, garlic, and cook stirring occasionally and breaking up the meat with a wooden spoon.
- Once the meat is golden brown and cooked through, stir in the marinara sauce and simmer for 1-2 minutes more. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl, combine ricotta cheese, egg, parsley, mozzarella and half of the parmesan cheese. Mix well to combine.
- Stuff the zucchini boats with this cheese mixture, top with the meat sauce and sprinkle with remaining parmesan cheese.
- Cover baking dishes with foil and bake in preheated oven for about 25-30 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh chopped parsley and enjoy