This easy to make Baked Sweet Potato Fries recipe is perfect as a side dish, appetizer or even snack! They are made with only 5 ingredients, crunchy on the outside and soft and sweet on the inside.
THE BEST Oven Baked Sweet Potato Fries Recipe
This Sweet Potato Fries recipe is healthier than the traditional ones by baking instead of frying them. This taste just as good if not better! Some use Cornstarch in their oven-baked sweet potato fries recipes to give it that extra crispiness. So, if you want them extra crispy you can coat them with about 2 teaspoons. But they come out just as good without!
Baked Sweet Potato Fries Healthy for you?
Absolutely. Compared to fried sweet potato fries, the baked version is much healthier than fried. Next time you feel like ordering sweet potato fries at restaurants, think twice because they are deep fried and high in fat and not healthy for you. Try making your own at home and bake them with a bit of olive oil instead. Like everything else out there everything is in moderation.
Are Sweet Potatoes OK for Diabetics?
It is very safe for diabetics to have sweet potatoes. Sweet potatoes have a lower glycemic index that doesn’t cause a spike in insulin as regular potatoes do. Keep in mind, sweet potatoes do contain carbohydrates and will cause insulin levels to go up but in moderation, it should be perfectly safe.
Can you eat Sweet Potatoes raw?
I use to be one of those that think that you can’t eat sweet potatoes raw. Do you want to eat your sweet potato fries raw? Go right ahead! The truth is you actually can eat sweet potatoes raw. On the other hand, regular potatoes CANNOT be eaten raw because they have a harmful enzyme called Solanine in their raw state ( which causes gastrointestinal issues, induces coma and may cause death). But a sweet potato doesn’t have this enzyme its raw state. So it is safe to eat sweet potatoes raw if you like it that way.
Tag me on Instagram using my hashtag #healthyfitnessmeals if you make this Baked Sweet Potato Fries Recipe. I would love to see your remake and get your feedback in the comments below.
A few other recipes to check out that I think you will love:
- Butternut Squash Casserole
- Mexican Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- Sweet Potato Breakfast Skillet Recipe
- Roasted Chicken Thighs with Maple Sweet Potatoes and Apples
Baked Sweet Potato Fries
- 2 Medium Sweet Potatoes (~2 lbs) washed and cut into fries
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/4 Tsp Dried Rosemary
- 1/8 Tsp Salt
- 1/8 Tsp Garlic Powder or a quick sprinkle
- Preheat oven to 400 F and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Toss the fries in a bowl with the olive oil to evenly coat. Place the coated fries on the baking sheet in an even layer and then sprinkle with rosemary and salt.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, flip and cook for an additional 15-20 minutes. Add more seasonings to taste if needed before serving.