This Ranch Chicken Salad Recipe is easy to make, healthy and filling. Loaded with lean chunks of chicken breast, fresh greens, avocado, corn and made with HEALTHY homemade ranch dressing.
Easy Chicken Salad Recipe with Homemade Ranch Dressing
We really love this ranch chicken salad and there are almost no leftovers each time I make it. It’s an easy chicken salad recipe that will soon become one of your favorite salads to make all the time. Skip on the storebought ranch and make your own homemade ranch salad dressing. I will be listing the ingredients you will need to the ranch dressing down below. This salad is so scrumptious and filling. The right balance of protein, fats, and fiber.
How do you make homemade ranch dressing?
Is ranch your favorite chicken salad dressing? Make this homemade ranch dressing recipe for your chicken salad, which is made with greek yogurt. The exact measurements for the ingredients needed for the homemade ranch dressing is listed below with the recipes.
What you will need:
Greek yogurt, garlic, onion, mustard, chives, lemon juice, dill, parsley, salt, and pepper.
Place all the ingredients in a jar, close tightly and then shake vigorously until well mixed. Place in the fridge.
How long does homemade ranch last?
The homemade ranch for this chicken salad should last about 5-7 days if stored in a tightly sealed jar in the fridge. Most homemade ranch dressings should also last about 4-7 days. Also, it is not recommended to freeze ranch dressing.
Are salads good for losing weight?
It is recommended to add salad into your daily diet regimen to aid in weight loss. Depending on what you add to your salad and what dressings you use, salads should be high in fiber, nutrients and low in fat. Add chicken to your salad recipe and make your own homemade dressing to cut down on the calories. Salads aid in weight loss because they can be filling, low in calories and nutritious. Just be very conscious about what goes into your salad. Hence, not all salads are healthy.
Is it healthy to eat a salad every day?
Having a healthy bowl of salad every day would be a great eating habit to acquire. Depending on what kind of salad you are having. Not all salads are healthy to have every day. Also, some can be high in calories so make sure your salad has loads of clean ingredients, along with some sort of lean protein like chicken breasts, and use homemade dressing which is usually low in fat and calories.
Making this Ranch Chicken Salad Recipe?
I would love to hear your thoughts on this Ranch Chicken Salad recipe. If you make it and love it please come back and leave me a comment below with some feedback. It would mean the world to me if you gave it a rating as well.
Love salads? I have a few other amazing salad recipes you can check out:
- Greek Quinoa Salad Bowls
- Grilled Chicken Cobb Salad
- Avocado Tomato Salad
- Mexican Chicken Quinoa Bowl Recipe
- Mexican Shrimp Salad
- Spicy Shrimp Avocado Salad
Also, remember to subscribe to my NEWSLETTER for free and receive recipes like this Ranch Chicken Salad Recipe delivered right to your inbox!
Finally, if you try a recipe and you like it, please use my hashtag #healthyfitnessmeals on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW Healthy Fitness Meals on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER for all of my latest blog posts and recipes
Healthy Ranch Chicken Salad
- 1 lb Chicken Breast cut into small bite-sized pieces
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 4 Cups Packed Greens of choice
- ¼ Small Red Onion sliced
- ¾ Cup Cherry or grape tomatoes halved
- ½ English Cucumber sliced or chopped
- 1 Avocado sliced
- ⅓ Cup Corn Fresh or canned
Homemade Ranch Dressing
- 1 Cup Plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- 2-3 Cloves Garlic minced
- 2 Tsp Lemon Juice
- 2 Tbsp Onion finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 2 Tbsp Fresh chives finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp Fresh parsley finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp Fresh dill finely chopped
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Start with making the homemade ranch dressing. Add all the ingredients to a small jar, place the lid on, then shake to emulsify.
- Pour about 1/3 of the dressing over the chicken and allow it to marinate for at least 15 minutes. Refrigerate the remaining dressing until ready to use.
- Next, heat oil in a large non-stick pan, and add in the chicken in a single layer. Cook until golden brown and cooked through about 5-7 minutes.
- To assemble the salad, add green to a large bowl. Top with remaining ingredients. Just before serving toss with the dressing and enjoy!