Chili Mac and Cheese recipe– a quick, easy to make, delicious and comforting vegetarian dish. Perfect for lunch or dinner that the whole family can enjoy. You can now enjoy your two favorite meals combined in a one pot meal.
Super easy and Delicious Chili Mac and Cheese Recipe
What makes this Chili mac and cheese recipe so amazing? You get two of your most favorite comfort foods combined in one. It is very easy to put together, very filling and delicious. This meal is so comforting everyone in the family will love it. It is one of our favorite meals. I decided to skip adding any ground beef to this chili mac recipe to keep it vegetarian-friendly but you can certainly go ahead and add that on for some added protein. We love it just like this.
What toppings go with Chili?
There are so many different toppings that will go well with chili or chili mac and cheese. Among those options would be, grated cheddar cheese, yogurt or sour cream, freshly chopped coriander, sliced green onions, sliced avocado, sliced jalapenos, diced tomatoes, red onions, and fresh cilantro.
What cheese goes with chili best?
Shredded Cheddar Cheese is the most popular and best cheese to serve over chili. Whether you use mild, moderate or sharp would be a personal preference. If you prefer not to use cheddar cheese you can also use Monterey or pepper jack cheese.
What can I add to mac and cheese?
If you are here just to find out what you can add to a simple mac and cheese recipe, then there are a few options for you. Try crumbled bacon bits, grated parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, shredded cheese, hot sauce, steamed broccoli, grilled chicken, smoked salmon or ham. If you are making this Chili Mac and Cheese recipe, I’ve listed some topping options in the recipe below.
Making this Chili Mac and Cheese?
I would love to know what you thought of this mac and cheese recipe. Please come back and leave me a comment below with some feedback. If you can take a moment and rate this recipe I would appreciate it.
Also, here are a few other recipes that I think you might like to check out:
- Salmon Tacos With Corn Salsa
- Chicken Pasta Puttanesca
- Easy Chicken Cacciatore
- Sausage and White Bean Soup
- Easy Chicken Chili
Also, remember to subscribe to my NEWSLETTER for free and receive recipes like this Chili Mac and Cheese Recipe delivered right to your inbox!
Finally, if you try a recipe and you like it, please use my hashtag #healthyfitnessmeals on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW Healthy Fitness Meals on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER for all of my latest blog posts and recipes
Chili Mac and Cheese
- 7 oz Dried Pasta (I used gluten-free corn macaroni) or whole wheat
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Sweet Onion diced
- 1 Red Bell Pepper chopped
- 3 Cups Chopped Button Mushrooms
- 1 15 oz Can Black Beans rinsed and drained
- 1 15 OZ Can Red Kidney Beans rinsed and drained
- 1 Cup Frozen Corn
- 1 15 oz Can Tomato Paste
- 1 8 oz Can Diced Tomatoes
- 1 Tsp Smoked Paprika
- ½ Tsp Chili Powder
- 1 Tsp Ground Cumin
- 1 ½ Tsp Dried Oregano
- 2 Cups Broth of choice
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- grated cheddar cheese, yogurt or sour cream, Freshly chopped coriander, sliced green onions, sliced avocado etc.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onions, garlic, peppers, and mushrooms. Sauté until tender, about 5-7 minutes.
- Stir in beans, diced tomatoes, corn and spices and season with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Add the pasta, tomato paste, and broth and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer, stirring frequently, for about 8-10 minutes, or until the pasta is cooked.
- Pour into bowls and top with your favorite toppings. Enjoy!
Do you really use 15 oz of tomato paste or is that a tyoo?
I believe the small can I used is 15 oz I will double-check on this.
Morgan Brizee says
What is the servicing size?
Hi. One bowl, or about 2 cups.
Sharon Jones says
It was really good. I probably would use less pasta but great taste! Loved it!
Thanks, Sharon. Glad you liked it.
Really yummy! I added ground chicken and cut the mushroom….I only had a few on hand. Turned out great. Kids loved it as well.
Thanks for the feedback. Glad you guys loved it.
Leslie Ossai says
Love this recipe!!!!
Easy, straightforward, filling and delicious.
I prep my meals for the week and this gave
Me a week of lunch. I’ll be making this in the future
Thanks, Leslie. Glad you liked it