You’re about to devour one of the most amazing meals in cooking history when you make this Healthy Pasta Primavera Recipe. Not only is it a zesty way to eat pasta, but it’s also a fun dish to make. This is a recipe you could make every week and no one would complain.
Add this Pasta Primavera Recipe to your weekly dinner menu
This Healthy Pasta Primavera Recipe has quite a few amazing ingredients in it that help pulls it all together. It is simple to put together once you have all your ingredients ready. Keep in mind that you could also double the batch and have extra for a later night in the week.
You could also add any protein of choice to this Healthy Pasta Primavera Recipe. It will pair up nicely with grilled chicken or shrimp. You can try adding this Chicken Recipe to this for some added protein.
The colors of the veggies and sauces in this dish will make you jump for joy. Nothing beats a colorful pasta dish that everyone can enjoy together at the dinner table. If you are familiar with this dish and has been something your family enjoys for many years, i hope you fall in love with this Pasta recipe which is one of my favorites.
Making this pasta dish?
Leave me a comment below and let me know what protein you chose to add to this or if you had it as is!
Are you a pasta lover like me? Well, check out these other pasta dishes:
How to make this Healthy Pasta Primavera Recipe below:
Healthy Pasta Primavera Recipe
- 8 ounces whole wheat pasta such as penne
- 2 cups of warm prepared marinara sauce look for a low-fat, low-sugar variety
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup of small broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup of peeled carrots cut into 1/4 inch pieces
- 1 yellow squash halved and thinly sliced
- 1 cup of mushrooms thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Optional: 2 tablespoons chopped parsley.
- Cook the pasta in salted water according to package instructions.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the onions to the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes, or until they've started to soften.
- Add the broccoli, carrots, squash, and mushrooms to the pan. Season the vegetables with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add 2 tablespoons of water to the pan. Cook for 5-7 minutes or until vegetables are tender and starting to brown.
- Stir in the garlic and cook for 30 seconds more.
- Add the cooked pasta and marinara sauce in the pan; toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and serve. Top with chopped parsley if desired.