[mv_video key=”zzvlzgt6uz0pxho4cx0s” sticky volume=”70″ aspectRatio title=”Chicken Pasta Puttanesca” thumbnail=”https://mediavine-res.cloudinary.com/video/upload/zzvlzgt6uz0pxho4cx0s.jpg”]This Classic Chicken Pasta Puttanesca recipe is to die for! It is made with olives, capers, whole wheat pasta, and sautéed chicken. Easy to make pasta recipe that the whole family can enjoy, even the little ones.
The BEST Chicken Pasta Puttanesca Recipe
Pasta is pretty much our favorite in my house. Seems like my kids love pasta as much as I do. This Chicken Pasta Puttanesca recipe is easy to make and super delicious. This is a really quick and easy recipe to put together with out of this world unique flavors that are combined to make this pasta puttanesca. Packed with chicken, olives, and capers.
Once you make this recipe it will be one of your all-time favorite recipes. You can make this recipe with shrimps instead if you prefer. If you make this Chicken Pasta Puttanesca and like it please share in on your social media pages and tag me so I can see it.
What is Pasta Puttanesca
A puttanesca is an Italian pasta dish that was originally invented in Naples. The main ingredients of a puttaneca include tomatoes, olive oil, anchovies, olives, capers and garlic.
Leave me a comment below if you make this Chicken Pasta Puttanesca recipe and you like it. I love getting some feedback. Like this recipe? Please take a moment to rate it. Would mean a lot to me.
Hungry for more? Here are more recipes to check out:
- Garlic Roasted Mushrooms Recipe
- Taco Pasta Salad
- Easy Spicy Guacamole Recipe
- Roasted Cilantro Chickpeas Recipe
- Grilled Chicken Cobb Salad
Remember to subscribe to my NEWSLETTER for free and receive all my new recipes as this Recipe delivered right to your inbox!
If you try a recipe and you like it, please use my hashtag #healthyfitnessmeals on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW Healthy Fitness Meals on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER for all of my latest blog posts and recipes.
How to make this Chicken Pasta Puttanesca:
Chicken Pasta Puttanesca
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil or Ghee
- 3/4 Pound Boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- ½ Cup Diced onion
- 1 Tsp Minced garlic
- 1/3 Cup Halved kalamata olives
- 2 Tbsp Capers
- 8 ounces Whole wheat penne pasta
- 2 Cups Marinara sauce
- 1 Tbsp Parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Bring a pot of salted water to a boil.
- Cook the pasta according to package directions.
- While the pasta is cooking, season the chicken with salt and pepper and add it to the pan.
- Add the onion to the pan.
- Cook for 5-7 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the olives, capers and marinara sauce to the pan and bring to a simmer.
- Drain the pasta and add it to the chicken mixture; toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve.