Try this Crispy Greek Potato Bake Recipe that’s so full of flavor it will change the way you eat potatoes forever. Easy to make, crispy on the outside, soft on the inside, and topped with fetta cheese and fresh dill garnish.
The Best Crispy Greek Potato Bake Recipe
What’s not to love about this Crispy Greek Potato Bake Recipe? We all love crispy roasted potatoes which got a major makeover by making it with greek feel-good flavors. This Potato bake recipe will for sure become one of your favorite ways to eat potatoes after you give it a try.
What is the healthiest way to eat potatoes
Potatoes are loaded with potassium even though they are high glycemic index carbohydrates that are easily digested and spikes your insulin. But it has been also said that the body does need these high glycemic index carbs for energy and it doesn’t mean that they are unhealthy for you. The healthiest way to eat Potatoes would be to bake (like this Greek potato bake, steamed or sauteed. Avoid eating fried potatoes.
What is the healthiest potato
Potatoes have a moderate amount of calories and have a high glycemic index. Which means that they can easily be digested. They have a healthy amount of fiber, vitamins, and minerals that support heart health. Fiber is also known to lower cholesterol in your blood and helps with digestion. The healthiest types of potatoes would be those with dark colored flesh such ask Purple Viking and Yukon Gold.
Furthermore, this Crispy Greek Potato Bake Recipe is one of our favorite potato recipes even though my kids pick out the onions. Go figure. But they do give them such a unique flavor! If you make this Greek Potato Recipe I would love to hear what you think of it. Leave me a comment below.
Also, hungry for more delicious recipes? Give these recipes below a try as well:
- Taco Pasta Salad
- Garlic Butter Hasselback Potatoes
- Easy Chili Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Baked Sweet Potato Fries
- Ground Turkey Cauliflower Rice Recipe
Finally, remember to subscribe to my NEWSLETTER for free and receive all my new recipes like this Crispy Greek Potato Bake Recipe delivered right to your inbox!
If you try a recipe and you like it, please use my hashtag #healthyfitnessmeals on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW Healthy Fitness Meals on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER for all of my latest blog posts and recipes.
Crispy Greek Potato Bake Recipe
- 1 lb Potatoes washed and chopped into large bite-sized pieces
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 Red Onion diced
- 2 Garlic Cloves pressed
- 1 Tsp Dried Oregano
- 1 Tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1/4 Cup Crumbled Feta Cheese
- 2 Tbsp Chopped Fresh Dill
- 1/2 Lemon sliced to garnish
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Place the potatoes in a pan, and cover with water, then place it on the stovetop and bring it to the boil. Lower the heat and simmer for about 6-8 minutes, or until the potatoes are just fork tender.
- Drain, then season generously with salt and pepper. Add garlic, oregano, paprika, and olive oil and gently toss to combine.
- Place the potatoes on a large ovenproof skillet and roast for about 15 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy on the tops.
- Once roasted, top them with crumbled feta cheese, red onions and fresh chopped dill.
- Garnish with lemon slices and enjoy!