This Ground Turkey Cauliflower Rice Recipe is so flavorful and such a great recipe to cook up and meal prep for the next few days. They are easy to make, high in protein and a super healthy and low carb meal.
Perfect Meal Prep Ground Turkey Cauliflower Rice Recipe
I love to meal prep! Some people don’t like to meal prep because some food just doesn’t taste right when reheated. But I Swear you will love this Ground Turkey Cauliflower Rice recipe as a meal prep. You can certainly make this recipe for lunch or dinner for your whole family to enjoy! I have to admit not all my kids love cauliflower rice but they love quinoa so I always have a side of quinoa ready to sub with.
Is Cauliflower rice better than rice?
Cauliflower is a much healthier alternative to rice and it tastes just as great! One cup of cauliflower is about 25 calories as opposed to a cup of brown rice which is about 218 calories per cup. If you are on a low carb diet then cauliflower rice would be a great choice over brown rice because a cup of cauliflower rice has 5g of carbs compared to brown rice with 46g of carbs per cup.
Is Cauliflower good for losing weight?
Cauliflower may aid in weight loss. Choosing cauliflower rice over other high carb sides will help you cut down on the calories and carbs. Like I mentioned above, one cup of cauliflower is only 25 calories. Not only are they low in carbs and calories, but they are also high in fiber and it helps slows digestion and promotes the feeling of fullness.
How long does Cauliflower rice last?
Uncooked cauliflower can last up till 10 days in the fridge and up till 6 months in the freezer. Cooked cauliflower rice is best within 4-5 days in the fridge. You can also freeze for about 6 months.
I would love to hear what you think of this Ground Turkey Cauliflower Rice recipe. Those of you that tag me with your remakes on Instagram Thank you! Leave me a comment below if you liked this recipe.
Some other great lunch and dinner recipes:
- Citrus Garlic Butter Shrimps
- Teriyaki Chicken Meal Prep Bowls Recipe
- Chicken And Broccoli Stir-Fry
- Keto Buffalo Cauliflower Bites
- Low Carb Zucchini Lasagna Boats
Remember to subscribe to my NEWSLETTER for free and receive all my new recipes like this Ground Turkey Cauliflower Recipe delivered right to your inbox!
If you try a recipe and you like it, please use my hashtag #healthyfitnessmeals on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW Healthy Fitness Meals on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER for all of my latest blog posts and recipes.
Ground Turkey Cauliflower Rice Recipe
- 1.5 lbs Lean Ground Turkey
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil divided
- 1 large Yellow Bell Pepper cut into chunks
- 2 Garlic Cloves minced or pressed
- 1 large Red Onion chopped to bite-sized pieces
- 1.5 Cups Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 Tsp Dried Oregano
- 1 Tsp Cumin Powder
- 1 Tsp Smoked Paprika
- 2 Tbsp Fresh Chopped Parsley to garnish
- 1 Large Head of Cauliflower broken into florets
- 1 Tsp Chili Flakes or to your taste
- 1 Lime juice and zest
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add ground turkey, use a wooden spoon to break up the meat while it cooks. Cook for about 5 minutes, then add in garlic, onions, bell pepper, cherry tomatoes, and spices.
- Stir frequently and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper then set aside.
- Meanwhile, place the cauliflower florets into a food processor and blitz just until small bits forms. You might have to work in batches.
- In the same heated skillet add remaining oil, cauliflower rice, chili flakes, lime juice, and zest.
- Cook stirring occasionally for about 5-7 minutes, or until rice is tender. Season to your taste and garnish with fresh parsley.
- Divide the cauliflower rice among 4-5 glass containers, then add in the ground turkey mixture.
- Cover with lids and place in the fridge for up 5 days.
- Before serving heat in the microwave for about 2 minutes. Enjoy!