Add Chocolate Chips to banana bread and you will get this amazing Healthy Chocolate Chip Banana Bread recipe that is made with oatmeal and whole wheat flour. Super moist, so delicious and the best part? It’s very easy to make.
Easy Healthy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Recipe
This Healthy chocolate chip banana bread recipe makes about 12-14 slices depending on how big of a slice you cut. They are super moist, fluffy, so tasty and so easy to make. My kids love adding a drizzle of honey on their slice but its certainly optional. Once you have these you won’t be able to stop at one slice. It is great to have for breakfast the next day or perfect for a nice healthy treat that will be filling and satisfying.
The aroma that comes out of the oven when baking this Healthy Chocolate Chip Banana Bread is going to make you drool. I love all kinds of banana bread. I actually prefer it without chocolate chips but my kids love chocolate so we add those.
How do you keep banana bread moist?
Keeping your banana bread moist after baking will depend on how you store it. Once it’s cooled off and you’ve had your slice or two, wrap or cover it with foil or plastic wrap to prevent it from drying out. If you feel like slicing it up and storing it in a tightly sealed container that will work as well. A freshly baked chocolate chip banana bread can last 2-3 days at room temperature and longer in the fridge.
How long is homemade banana bread good for?
How you store it will determine how long they will last for. If you plan on devouring your chocolate chip banana bread in 2 days, then it is safe to wrap it tightly with plastic wrap to prevent it from drying out a leaving it on your kitchen counter at room temperature. They will last up to one week in the fridge. You just need to keep it wrapped or sliced and placed in an airtight container.
If you make this Healthy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Banana Bread recipe and you like it please share it on Pinterest! Also, please tag me on Instagram and show me your remake. Leave me a comment below with some feedback. I would love to hear from you.
Have another minute to spare? Check out these other healthy dessert recipes that may very well change your life:
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread Recipe
- Flourless Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Protein Cookies
- Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- No-Bake Protein Energy Bites
[mv_video key=”xb1zthha8n9kvpr8obbr” title=”Healthy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Banana Bread” id=”43018″ thumbnail=”https://mediavine-res.cloudinary.com/video/upload/xb1zthha8n9kvpr8obbr.jpg” aspectRatio=”16:9″ volume=”40″ sticky=”true”]
Healthy Oatmeal chocolate chip banana bread
- 1 Cup All-Purpose Flour or Whole Wheat
- 1 Cup Old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 1/2 Tsp Baking powder
- 1 Tsp Baking soda
- 4 Large Very ripe bananas
- 2 Tsp Vanilla extract
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Oil melted
- 2 Medium Eggs room temperature
- 1/2 Cup Raw honey
- 1 Cup Dark chocolate chips
- Pinch of Sea Salt
- Honey or maple syrup optional
- Pre-heat the oven to 325°F and grease a 9x5-inch loaf pan with coconut oil.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients: flour, oats, baking powder, soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl add the bananas and roughly mash with a fork. Whisk in the coconut oil, honey, vanilla, and eggs.
- Slowly add the flour mixture. Whisk just until combined, then fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 55 to 70 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out mostly clean. A few crumbs are fine, you do not want to see wet batter on the toothpick.
- Cool bread completely on a wire cooling rack. Once cooled, remove from pan and enjoy!