This Strawberry Chia seed pudding recipe is one of our favorite healthy breakfast meal options. Simple to make with just a few handful ingredients, filling, nutritious, and so tasty.
Chia seeds are one of the most nutritious plant-based edible seeds that come from the plant Salvia hispanica L. They may be tiny but they are packed with Omega-3 fatty acids, iron, calcium, and antioxidants. The perfect way to add more protein to your diet especially if you are vegan and looking for more plant-based protein. This chia seed pudding recipe is creamy, easy to make with just 5 simple ingredients, and perfect to enjoy as breakfast, snack, or dessert. Made with plant-based milk, yogurt for extra creaminess, honey for a bit of sweetness, and then some fresh strawberries.
Why chia seed pudding is the perfect breakfast option
- Great for on-the-go: If you are always in a rush to leave your house in the morning, grab these pre-made chia pudding jar and have them on your way to work or school. No more skipping breakfast which is the most important meal of the day.
- Easy to make: Make this chia seed pudding recipe with as little as 5 ingredients and then add any fruits of choice.
- Nutritious: What a great way to add more protein and good for you fats to your diet. Loaded with antioxidants and omega-3 fatty acids.
INGREDIENTS you will need to make this chia seed pudding
- Chia seeds: of course this is the main ingredient and can’t be substituted. You may use your favroite brand.
- Yogurt: You can use any flavored fogurt or brand you prefer. To keep it a plant-based breakfast, use coconut or almond milk based yogurt that’s vegan-friendly.
- Milk: Plant-based milk like almond or coconut milk works. Using 2% milk is also fine.
- Vanilla extract: this ingredient is needed if you don’t use vanilla flavored yogurt. Otherwise you can skip it.
- Honey: we used honey, but for plant-based option use maple syrup or agave.
- Strawberries: Any other fruit can be used.
How to make this strawberry chia pudding from scratch
In a medium-sized bowl whisk well the first 4 ingredients.
Cover and refrigerate overnight.
Cut the green ends off and finely chop the strawberries. Or use the chopped function of your food processor for a quick chop.
Layer the chia pudding and strawberries among your cups.
frequently asked questions about chia seed pudding
Chia pudding is technically made of only 3 simple ingredients. All you need is chia seeds, any milk of choice, and a sweetener like honey or maple syrup. The chia seeds are soaked into the liquid (milk) for at least 4 hours or overnight to get the pudding consistency.
Some may say that chia seeds have no taste because their taste is just so mild. It will taste like whatever milk or ingredients you add to it. Chia seeds have a slightly nutty flavor to them and they can be added to pretty much just added for an added nutritious boost.
That will be a preference. Either way won’t harm you. If you are eating a spoonful of plain chia seeds, your human instinct will be to chew first. It will have a crunchy texture to it. If you are having chia pudding, it will have a pudding-like texture and you may just go with swallowing and not chewing.
REcipe notes and tips
- Milk: any milk of choice works. If you want to keep this vegan-friendly, use any plant-based milk like almond milk, coconut milk, or cashew milk.
- Use plain of greek yogurt. Vanilla flavored works too. You may also use plant-based yogurt.
- You may use strawberries or any other fruits of choice if you don’t like strawberries.
- Chia seeds need to soak to get a pudding like texture. So you need to refrigerate for at least 4 hours or leave it to soak overnight.
Other recipes with chia seeds to try
- Simple Chia Pudding Recipe
- Pumpkin Pie Chia Pudding
- Chocolate Chia Protein Pudding
- Coconut Chia Pudding
- Peanut Butter Banana Overnight oats
- Overnight Oatmeal Recipe
If you try a recipe and you like it, leave us some feedback in the comment section below, and don’t forget to rate it! We would love it if you shared it with friends and family.
Finally, please use our hashtag #healthyfitnessmeals on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW Healthy Fitness Meals on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER for all of our latest blog posts and recipes.
Strawberry Chia Seed Pudding Recipe
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 1/2 cup yogurt sour cream, or plant-based
- 2 cups almond milk coconut milk, or milk of choice
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup honey or maple syrup
- 2 cups fresh strawberries or any other berries
- In a medium-sized bowl whisk well the first 4 ingredients.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Cut the green ends off and finely chop the strawberries. Or use the chopped function of your food processor for a quick chop.
- Layer the chia pudding and strawberries among your cups.
- serving size: one small jar. If the jars are bigger then it will make 2 servings
- any milk of choice works.
- use plain of greek yogurt. Vanilla flavored works too
- you may use strawberries or any other fruits of choice.
- refrigerate for at least 4 hours or leave it to soak overnight.