Cheesy Broccoli Stuffed Chicken Breast – Easy to make and delicious chicken breast recipe that’s loaded with a cheese and broccoli mixture for a perfect low carb and tasty meal.
Easy Cheesy Broccoli Stuffed Chicken Breast Recipe
Looking for a tasty, low carb, easy to make chicken dinner recipe? Make this Broccoli stuffed chicken breast recipe that’s super tasty and perfect for either lunch or dinner. Chicken breast stuffed with a delicious broccoli and cheese mixture, pan-seared on each side for a few minutes and then grilled in the oven to perfection. This stuffed chicken recipe is also keto-friendly for those who are on a low carb diet.
What do you eat with stuffed chicken?
Wondering what you can have with your broccoli stuffed chicken breast? Try some grains like couscous or quinoa. Also, they will go well with some brown rice, noodles, or zucchini noodles. I love having chicken with more roasted veggies, rice or pasta. Other great options you can try would be some mashed sweet potatoes or top over salad.
How do you tell if a stuffed chicken is done?
The best way to avoid eating undercooked chicken would be to test it with a digital food thermometer. The internal temperature of the stuffed chicken breast should be 165*F in order to be sure that the chicken is cooked thoroughly and ready.
Thoughts on this Broccoli stuffed chicken recipe?
I would love to get some feedback if you make this stuffed chicken recipe. Leave me a comment below and if you do happen to make this recipe and you love it please come back and give it a 5-star rating. It would make my day.
Love Chicken? I have a few other amazing and easy chicken recipes you can check out and try next:
- Easy Creamy Garlic Chicken Skillet
- Chicken Alfredo Zoodles
- Lemon Garlic Chicken Skillet With Asparagus
- Sheet Pan Chicken And Veggies Recipe
- Mexican Grilled Chicken Bowl
- Asparagus Stuffed Chicken Breast
- One Pan Cranberry Roasted Chicken Skillet
Also, remember to subscribe to my NEWSLETTER for free and receive recipes like this Broccoli Stuffed Chicken Recipe delivered right to your inbox!
Finally, if you try a recipe and you like it, please use my hashtag #healthyfitnessmeals on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW Healthy Fitness Meals on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER for all of my latest blog posts and recipes.
Cheesy Broccoli Stuffed Chicken Breast
- 1.5 lbs Boneless skinless chicken breasts or 4 large breasts
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Tsp Garlic Powder divided
- ½ Tsp Paprika
- 1 Tbsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 Cup Small chopped broccoli florets
- 1 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- ¼ Cup Cream Cheese
- Preheat your oven to 375F.
- Place the chicken on a chopping board and using a sharp knife, slice through the middle to create a pocket for the stuffing.
- Repeat with all the chicken breasts, then season with salt, pepper, paprika and Italian seasoning on all sides.
- In a mixing bowl, combine broccoli with shredded cheese, garlic powder, and cream cheese. season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Spoon the mixture into the chicken breasts, and secure the pocket using toothpicks.
- Heat oil in a large, ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and sear for 2-3 minutes on each side, then transfer to the oven and bake for additional 15-17 minutes.
- A meat thermometer inserted in the middle of the chicken should read 165F. Enjoy!
- Cream cheese can be light or fat-free
- Cheddar cheese can also be light
- Frozen broccoli can be used instead of fresh
- Avocado oil in place of olive oil
Jennifer Brown says
I came across this recipe and wanted to try it out just based on the photo. My husband loves to cook so he fixed it. It was SUPER YUMMY! My husband said the chicken was very moist and my son said it was very filling. We will definitely make it again!
Rena Awada says
Glad you all loved it
Jill Hessick says
Can you tell me how you keep the cheese from melting out of the chicken breast? Happens every time.
Rena Awada says
I use toothpicks. What do you use?
Hi how do you make butterfly chicken stuffed with spinach and mozzarella cheese got all the ingredients just need your help to get it right please.
If I wanted to make this in the oven, what changes would you make? I have a broken foot, so I do my prep at the kitchen table, but standing at the stove to cook isn’t possible.
Hi there. You can easily bake it instead once everything is ready. Pop it in a preheated oven at 350F for 25-30 minutes.
Amber Lail says
I’ve made this recipe at least twice and it is a family favorite. My husband says this is the perfect dish to serve to guests – and he is very hard to please! It is also a very easy recipe to make.
Thank you Amber. Appreciate the feedback
Very tasty! Easy to prepare.
Kelly Lyons says
Super yummy and friendly on the macros
This was soo yummy!! I added cooked diced bacon to the cream cheese filling and it was perfect!
Yay. Glad you liked it
Can I assemble it and then freeze it and if it’s yes for how long
Yes, you can. It freezes for up to 3 months.
I really liked this! I used whipped cream cheese to save on calories. I do have one question. It says the garlic powder is divided but you don’t state to put it on the chicken with the other spices. Is it meant to say divided?
3 words. Yum! Yum! Yum! It was so good that I forgot to take a picture. Next time, cause this recipe is a KEEPER! Thank you!
Yay!!! Maybe next time. haha
It is so good we have it altleast once every pay period
Thanks! So glad you liked it.
Kelsey Simo says
Soo yummy!! Made this tonight just as directed, except I made 4 chicken breasts and added cooked bacon! It was DELICIOUS!!
Love it! Thanks for the feedback.
Sherri T says
Trying this tonight. Do I need to cook broccoli first?
Hi! No, you don’t have to.
We have a rating system in our house. Each person has one point. If the like dinner, they give it a point. There are three of us, and this recipe got a 3 out of 3!!! It was sooo good!!!
Yay. So glad to hear this! A winner!
Helen Faucher says
Easy to make and very tasty!
So glad you loved it.
Nancy garibay says
When the chicken goes in the oven do u have to cover with foil
Hi there. No, you don’t need to cover it. You can but it’s not necessary.
So good making it a second time 🙂