Make this Easy Chili Chicken Tortilla Soup Recipe for a warm and comforting meal all year round. Enjoy this filling and hearty soup that’s easy to make and bursting with flavor.
Easy Chili Chicken Tortilla Soup Recipe
I often make this Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe without the chili and I just save it till the end and add it just to my bowl because it tends to be spicy for the kids. For the chili or chipotle spice, find the mild ones if you have kids. We love all sorts of soups but this tortilla soup recipe is one of our favorites! Once you try it, it will definitely make it to the list of your favorite meals.
What is the healthiest soup?
What makes a soup “healthy” depends on the ingredients that go into the soup recipe you are making. For this easy to make Chicken Tortilla Soup recipe, for example, you can probably make it even healthier if you use whole wheat or whole grain tortilla. Choose healthier ingredients like no heavy cream. The most heart-healthy soup recipes will be those full of veggies, light on the fat, low on the carbs and high in protein.
What happens if you eat soup every day?
Most soups are low in calories if prepared the right way. Like this chicken tortilla soup recipe. Eating soup every day will help with weight loss because it will help fill you up and prevent you from eating other high-calorie dense foods while you get low calories from the soup. If you stick to a healthier diet regimen and consume a lot of soup you will definitely lose weight the healthy way.
Is it OK to eat soup every day?
Absolutely! In fact, it’s actually very healthy to eat a serving of healthy soup daily. Same way it’s healthy and recommended to eat salad daily, soups are usually loaded with healthy ingredients and thus low in calories and high in protein if prepared right. They are very filling and will leave you feeling full for a long time. I assure you, this easy chicken tortilla soup recipe will make you feel just that!
If you’ve been looking for an easy chicken tortilla soup recipe then you have found it! I hope you love this as much as we do! I would love to get some feedback in the comments below. Also, I really love it when you share the remakes with me on Instagram.
I have a few more soup recipes you can check out below:
- Mexican Chicken Soup Recipe
- Italian Chicken And Bean Soup
- Chicken Lemon Rice Soup
- Sausage and White Bean Soup
Remember to subscribe to my NEWSLETTER for free and receive all my new recipes like this Roasted Cilantro Chickpea Recipe delivered right to your inbox!
If you try a recipe and you like it, please use my hashtag #healthyfitnessmeals on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW Healthy Fitness Meals on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER for all of my latest blog posts and recipes.
Find the full recipe for this Easy Chicken Tortilla Soup below:
Easy Chili Chicken Tortilla Soup Recipe
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 lb Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1 Medium Sweet Onion diced
- 3 Garlic Cloves minced
- 1 Red Chili (or to taste) seeded and sliced
- 1 Tsp Ground Cumin
- 1 Tsp Chipotle Powder or Chili Powder
- 2 Cans Cherry Tomatoes or diced fire roasted tomatoes 14.5oz each
- 5 Cups Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- 1 14.5oz Can Black Beans rinsed and drained
- 1 Cup Corn Fresh or frozen
- 2 Limes Juiced
- 3 Tortillas cut into 1/4-inch strips
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Cooking Spray
- Green onions
- Fresh chili
- Heat olive oil In a large stockpot over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, chili, seasonings, and cook until onion softens about 4 minutes.
- Add chicken breast, canned tomatoes, broth and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer until chicken is cooked through about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a nonstick pan over medium heat and spray it with cooking spray.
- Add tortilla strips in a single layer and fry until golden brown and crispy, on both sides. You might need to work in batches to not overcrowd the pan.
- Once the chicken is cooked, remove from soup and shred it.
- Add chicken back to the pot together with beans, corn and lime juice. Mix to combine then simmer for a couple of minutes more.
- Serve soup hot with crispy tortilla strips on top and enjoy!