Easy Greek Cherry Tomato Pasta Recipe is a vegetarian dish that’s easy to make and bursting with flavor. This dish is a no-fuss recipe that everyone will surely love.
Do you love greek salad but also love pasta? This easy pasta recipe will bring you all that greek salad flavors and more into this wholesome pasta dish. I even start describing the flavors of this pasta. It’s bursting with flavor and so easy to make. My kids pick out the pine nuts. If you don’t have any pine nuts handy you can skip it. This Easy Cherry Tomato Pasta recipe will be one of your favorite meals of all time.
Why this Tomato Pasta Recipe is so good
- Easy: Around 30 mins from the pantry to table, simple ingredients and a breeze to pull together. An easy lunch or dinner.
- Fresh and Delicious: Packed with fresh tasting ingredients, it’s light yet filling.
- Healthy: Whole wheat pasta nestling among cherry tomatoes, onions, peppers, and olives – Mediterranean goodness!
- Pasta: I’ve gone for Penne, as it catches the cheese crumbles. I’ve also gone for wholewheat for a healthier bite.
- Olive Oil
- Veggies: Tomatoes, red onions, spinach, olives, and red peppers.
- Herbs: Parsley, dill, oregano.
- Cheese: Feta. This creamy crumbly and tangy cheesy add a real flavor punch!
- Toasted Pine Nuts: For added texture.
- Salt and Pepper: to taste
How to make this Tomato Pasta Recipe
- Cook the Pasta: Cook in a pot, according to box instructions, leave al dente.
- Saute the Vegetables: In a skillet, cook the onions, garlic, red pepper then the spinach and oregano.
- Assemble: Stir in the pasta with the veggies and add the cherry tomatoes. Top with olives and the cheese.
Is this Tomato Pasta Recipe healthy?
Pasta can be part of a healthy diet when eaten in moderation. You can always opt for a healthier pasta instead of white pasta. Choosing a whole grain pasta over white pasta for example. Whole wheat or whole grain pasta has more fiber compare to the more refined pasta. There are also pasta made out of lentils and Chickpeas which are also healthier options. It also comes down to the ingredients added to your pasta dish that will make a huge difference.
This recipe is also loaded with great veggies such as spinach, tomatoes and pepper – healthy and delicious!
What is the healthiest pasta?
Its sort of hard to pin point exactly what the healthiest pasta is. Pastas made with refined wheat and white flour would the least healthiest. Even though this easy Greek Pasta recipe is made with whole wheat pasta, many healthier options would be pasta made out of lentil, chickpeas, quinoa, or any other high protein plant based or grains. I have tried pasta made with lentil and chickpeas, and i much prefer the lentil pasta over chickpeas.
What is the lowest carb pasta?
Lowest carb kinds of pasta will be pasta substitutes made from veggies. These will include spiralized veggies like zucchini, sweet potato, and carrots. These are referred to as zoodles after they are spiralized. Spaghetti squash would be another great one. Also, some use eggplant to replace noodles and pasta when making a dish like a lasagna.
Recipe Notes and Tips
- Use enough cold, freshwater that once the pasta begins to cook and expand, there will still be plenty of room for the noodles to move freely.
- As soon as you drop your pasta in the water, stir it. This prevents the pasta from sticking together.
- Drain your pasta enough to remove most of the water, but don’t let drained pasta sit and “dry off”. As it cools, the starches will firm up and the pasta will stick together.
- Swap the feta for goat cheese if you want a stronger cheese punch.
More Pasta recipes to check out:
Remember to subscribe to my NEWSLETTER for free and receive all my new recipes like this Easy Cherry Tomato Pasta Recipe delivered right to your inbox!
If you try a recipe and you like it, please use my hashtag #healthyfitnessmeals on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW Healthy Fitness Meals on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER for all of my latest blog posts and recipes.
Easy Greek Cherry Tomato Pasta Recipe
- 8 oz Whole Wheat Penne
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Garlic Cloves minced or pressed
- 1/2 Medium Red Onion sliced
- 8 oz Roasted Red Peppers chopped
- 1 Tsp Dried Oregano
- 2 Cups Baby Spinach
- 1 Cup Halved Cherry Tomatoes
- 1/4 Cup Kalamata Olives
- 1/4 Cup Feta Cheese
- 2 Tbsp Toasted Pine Nuts
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Parsley chopped
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Dill chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Bring a pot with salted water to the boil, then add in the pasta and cook for 6-8 minutes, or until al dente.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions and garlic, and sauté for about 2-3 minutes. Then add in red peppers and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in the spinach, oregano, and cook stirring frequently until just wilted.
- Add cherry tomatoes and pasta and mix to combine. Season with salt and pepper, to your taste.
- Top with olives, crumbled feta cheese, and herbs. Enjoy!