This Garlic Chicken recipe is made in a mouth-watering creamy sauce along with burst cherry tomatoes. The Chicken is so tender, juicy, and delicious. This is the ultimate low carb chicken recipe that’s keto-friendly.
Easy Creamy Garlic Chicken Skillet Recipe
If you are on a low carb and high-fat diet then this creamy garlic chicken recipe is right up your alley. Perfect for those who are watching their carbs and are on the keto diet. The chicken is so tender and juicy and full of flavor. Not fond of the skin on this boneless chicken breast recipe, you can go without. This healthy chicken breast recipe is a quick, easy, tasty recipe that can be served with some more grilled veggies or with zucchini noodles. Also referred to as zoodles.
What goes good with chicken breast
Regardless of what kind of chicken breast recipe you end up cooking, you should have many options. Chicken is very versatile when it comes to what you can pair it with. The list could go on and on. But here are a few I personally like. Say we are talking about a great grilled chicken breast recipe. Try these sides: grilled veggies, creamy corn, over a salad, zoodles, avocado tomato salad, baked potatoes, roasted sweet potatoes, with my amazing Tabbouleh Salad, and the list goes on. Just be creative. I had this creamy garlic chicken recipe with zoodles and it was just epic.
Which is better, chicken breast or thighs
Generally, chicken is a great source of lean protein and a much healthier choice when it comes to choosing your protein. Chicken breasts are leaner than chicken thighs and have less fat and calories. Even though chicken thighs are also a great source of protein, the breast is a leaner and healthier option. I used chicken breasts for this creamy garlic chicken even though it would also taste great with thighs if you prefer thighs.
Making this Creamy Garlic Chicken recipe?
We love this chicken recipe so much and I hope you love it as much as we do. If you make this garlic chicken recipe, please come back and leave me some feedback. Also, if you happen to snap a pic of this when you make them, tag me on Instagram so I can see it and feature your remake.
I have a few other amazing Chicken recipes you can take a look at if you have another minute:
- Chicken Pasta Puttanesca
- Mexican Chicken Soup
- Kung Pao Chicken Meal Prep
- Chicken Burrito Bowl
- Ranch Chicken Salad
- Teriyaki Chicken Meal Prep Bowls Recipe
- Baked Cashew Chicken and Veggies
- Chicken Alfredo Zoodles
Remember to subscribe to my NEWSLETTER for free and receive recipes like this Creamy Garlic Chicken Recipe delivered right to your inbox!
If you try a recipe and you like it, please use my hashtag #healthyfitnessmeals on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW Healthy Fitness Meals on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER for all of my latest blog posts and recipes.
Easy Creamy Garlic Chicken Skillet
- 4 Chicken Breasts, skin on *see notes (halved and pounded to an even thickness, about 1/3-inch)
- 1 Tbsp Italian Seasoning Mix
- 2 Tbsp Butter or Ghee divided (or use olive oil)
- 1 Medium Onion Diced
- 4-6 Garlic Cloves pressed
- 1 ½ Cup Half and Half
- 1 ½ Cup Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Chopped Parsley
- 1 Tbsp Gluten-free flour or Cornstarch
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Place the chicken breast in a shallow dish, and rub them with salt, pepper and Italian seasoning.
- Melt 1 Tbsp butter or add oil in a large non-stick pan or skillet over medium-high heat and add in the chicken.
- Sear until golden brown on both sides, about 5 minutes. The chicken doesn't have to be all cooked through, as we will continue to simmer it in the sauce. Set aside on a plate.
- Add remaining butter/ghee to the preheated pan, together with onion and garlic, and sauté for 3-4 minutes.
- Next, pour in the half and half, and bring it to a simmer. Stir well to deglaze the pan. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk flour or cornstarch with a couple a Tbsp of water, until well combined. Add it to the sauce in the pan, and stir to combine.
- At this point, it will begin to thicken. Return chicken to the pan, with all the juices, then gently add in the cherry tomatoes.
- Continue to simmer until chicken is cooked through and cherry tomatoes are burst
- Garnish with fresh chopped basil and serve immediately. Enjoy!
- You may use Olive oil in place of butter
- If you prefer chicken breast without the skin you can use without.
- The calorie and fat content will be lower if using skinless chicken breast