This Easy Chicken Burrito Bowl recipe is loaded with juicy grilled chicken, corn, beans, and other fun toppings. They are healthy, easy to make, filling and better than Chicken Burritos from chipotle.
Easy and Healthy Grilled Chicken Burrito Bowl Recipe
Once you get used to making your burrito bowls at home you will skip chipotle, save money and have a much better and healthier meal. The chicken for this burrito bowl recipe is so juicy and delicious. This recipe is so easy to make it will be a perfect lunch or dinner the entire family can enjoy. Plus it’s a great recipe to use for meal preps. This chicken burrito bowl recipe will make about 2 decent sized bowls. It will be quite filling.
Grilled Chicken Seasoning
Looking for a great grilled chicken seasoning to use this summer? Try this marinade recipe I used for this chicken burrito bowl.
What you will need for the chicken marinade:
- Olive oil
- Fresh lime juice
- Ground cumin
- Chili powder
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Dried oregano
- Pinch of salt and pepper to taste
Place all the above ingredients in a bag or container. Add the chicken and then leave to marinade for 30-90 minutes. This chicken seasoning recipe will still taste great even if you don’ have any time to marinade.
How do I grill the perfect chicken breast
Allow the chicken breast to cook on the grill for about 5-7 minutes on each side before you flip. Leave the chicken to cook on medium heat so it doesn’t cook too fast and dry out. Essentially, an overcooked chicken will be too try and rubbery. If you prefer using a thermometer, wait until the chicken is tested with a thermometer at 165 Degrees.
Are Burritos healthy for you?
I often time ask this question? What’s in your burrito bowl? Burritos are made with some sort of rice, beans, meat, corn, salad, avocados and then wrapped in a tortilla. Burrito bowls will be a healthier option and chicken burrito bowls are an even better option because the grilled chicken would be much leaner than beef. Add cleaner and healthier options to your burrito bowl and your burrito bowl should be healthy enough to enjoy without too much guilt.
Making this Chicken Burrito Bowl Recipe?
I certainly hope you enjoy this chicken burrito bowl as much as we do. Kids love this and hopefully, you guys will as well. If you snap a pic of this please tag me on social media so I see your remake and repost it. Would love to hear some feedback in the comments below.
More Mexican inspired meals you can take a quick peek at:
- Mexican Chicken Soup
- Easy Mexican Grilled Chicken Bowl
- Creamy Mexican Corn Salad
- Healthy Mexican Street Corn
- Mexican Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
Also, remember to subscribe to my NEWSLETTER for free and receive recipes like this Chicken Burrito Bowl Recipe delivered right to your inbox!
Finally, if you try a recipe and you like it, please use my hashtag #healthyfitnessmeals on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW Healthy Fitness Meals on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER for all of my latest blog posts and recipes.
Grilled Chicken Burrito Bowl
- 2 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 1 Cup Cooked Brown Rice
- 1 Tbsp Lime Juice
- 1 Small Avocado sliced
- 2 Cups Mixed Greens
- ½ Cup Black Beans
- ½ Cup Canned corn, drained or grilled
- ⅓ Cup Cherry Tomatoes cut into quarters
- 2 Tbsp Greek yogurt
- ½ Red onion diced
- 1 Jalapeno Pepper sliced
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- A small handful of chopped cilantro, plus more to garnish
For the Chicken Marinade
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Tbsp Fresh lime juice
- ½ tsp Paprika
- ½ tsp Ground Cumin
- ¼ tsp Chili Powder
- ¼ tsp Garlic Powder
- ¼ tsp Onion Powder
- ¼ tsp Dried Oregano
- A pinch of salt and pepper, or to taste
- In a ziploc bag, mix all marinade ingredients until smooth. Add chicken, seal the bag and shake until chicken is evenly coated.
- Heat a grill pan or an outdoor grill over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook for about 5-7 minutes on each side, or until cooked through and no longer pink in the inside.
- Remove from the grill and let it rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
- In a small bowl mix cooked rice with lime juice, chopped cilantro, sea salt, and freshly ground black pepper.
- Toss to combine then set aside. To assemble the bowls, add the greens at the bottom of each one, then 1 sliced chicken breast.
- Divide the remaining ingredients among the 2 bowls. Garnish with fresh cilantro and jalapeno and enjoy!