This Easy to make Beef Burrito Meal Prep bowl recipe is made with lean ground beef, brown rice, sweet corn, black beans and then topped with a delicious Avocado Cream sauce. Perfect meal prep meal.
Easy and Better than Chipotle Beef Burrito Meal Prep Bowl Recipe
Find yourself having the burrito bowl at chipotle all the time? Well, this burrito recipe is better! Save some money and make your own beef burrito at home! It is the perfect recipe to use for meal prep. Just save the avocado cream sauce in a small container separately before you store it and use it when ready to have your beef burritos. This burrito recipe is so easy to make and so tasty. Also, try to make your own pico de gallo if possible or you can use store bought if you have a favorite kind you typically use.
Is a burrito bowl healthy?
What goes into your beef burrito bowl? Burritos can be high in calories and carbs especially if using both bean and rice. All your ingredients may seem clean and healthy but the calories do add us. Make sure you are using very lean beef and very little brown rice if possible. Try switching the rice with quinoa or skip the rice and quinoa all together and load it up with some veggies and beans instead. Typically speaking burrito bowls can be healthy but can also be high in calories.
How many calories is a burrito bowl?
Calories for a beef burrito bowl will vary between 600-800 calories roughly. The beans and rice are high in carbs and calories. So is the ground beef. If you are trying to reduce the number of calories on your burrito bowl, make it with lean ground turkey, skip the rice and more grilled veggies.
What’s the difference between burrito bowl and salad?
The only difference between the two is that a burrito salad has lettuce in it. Some may still add all the ingredients of a typical burrito bowl into their salad. Meaning, they still added rice, beans, corn, and so on. Unless you plan on skipping on the rice and just use the lettuce as a base for your burrito salad. This would be a great option to cut down on the carbs and will still taste great!
What do you put on a burrito?
A beef burrito bowl recipe is different from a burrito. A burrito is made with seasoned ground beef, refried beans, lettuce, and salsa. placed over a tortilla and then rolled up for a classic burrito wrap. Some may add some shredded cheese, guacamole, sour cream, and hot sauce. A burrito bowl is a burrito in a bowl instead of being wrapped in a tortilla.
Making this beef burrito bowl recipe?
I would love to know if you made this beef burrito recipe and liked it. Please leave me a comment below with some feedback. Also, if you happen to snap a pic of this remake, please tag me on Instagram so I can see it and share it.
I do have some other meal prep recipes for you to check out if you have a moment to spare:
- Easy Meal Prep Honey Sriracha Meatballs
- Mexican Chicken Quinoa Bowl Recipe
- Kung Pao Chicken Meal Prep
- Turkey Meatball Zoodle
- Teriyaki Chicken Meal Prep
- Ground Turkey Cauliflower Rice Recipe
Remember to subscribe to my NEWSLETTER for free and receive recipes like this Beef Burrito Recipe delivered right to your inbox!
Finally, if you try a recipe and you like it, please use my hashtag #healthyfitnessmeals on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW Healthy Fitness Meals on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER for all of my latest blog posts and recipes.
Beef Burrito Meal Prep Bowl recipe below:
Beef Burrito Meal Prep Bowl
- 1 Cup Brown Rice or 2 cups pre-cooked
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 ½ lb Lean Ground Beef
- ½ tsp Chili Powder
- ½ tsp Ground Cumin
- ½ Tsp Oregano
- ¼ tsp Onion Powder
- ¼ tsp Smoked Paprika
- 2 Garlic Cloves minced
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 15 oz Black Beans, drained and rinsed ( 1 Can )
- 15 oz Canned Corn or use freshly cooked corn
- ½ Cup Pico de gallo or use homemade
- Fresh Parsley to Garnish
Avocado Cream Sauce
- ½ Cup Plain Nonfat Greek Yogurt
- 1 Chipotle pepper in adobo sauce minced
- 1 Ripe Avocado
- 1 Tbsp Freshly squeezed lime juice
- In a small bowl whisk all sauce ingredients until well combined; set aside.
- Cook rice according to package directions if you aren't using pre-cooked brown rice. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add ground beef, garlic, and seasonings; Sprinkle with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Cook for about 3-5 minutes, stirring with a wooden spoon to break the meat as it cooks.
- To assemble the bowls divide the rice and beef mixture among 4 glass containers. Top with black beans, corn and pico de gallo, then drizzle with avocado cream sauce.
- Refrigerate for up to 5 days. Enjoy!
I love the Recipe for
Taylor Garnier says
1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce like 1 can or 1 single pepper
Not the whole can. you can use 1-2 individual peppers
Tamara Wells says
An you please point me in the direction of where I can find your freezer meals recipes as I want to make up them up your recipes say they are good in the fridge for x amount of days im after m ears I can freeze please
Silly question! But in the nutrition facts; approximately how much is in a serving?? For example, in grams?
the nutrition facts you see is per serving and the amounts are in grams. It should be indicated on it
Hi Rena, So this is 797 per serving? Thank you.
Yes, it is. The rice and beans are high in carbs. If you would like to cut down on the calories, skip the rice.