This Cashew Chicken Recipe is better than the classic takeout recipe. It is loaded with vegetables and baked to perfection instead of stir-fried. So easy to make, very filling, and so flavorful.
Baked Cashew Chicken and Veggies Recipe
Better than take-out Chinese Cashew Chicken, this recipe will become one of your favorite recipes to add to your weekly dinner menu. It is loaded with veggies and so delicious. If you love takeout Chinese cashew chicken stir fry, then you will love this recipe. Chicken chunks coated with a delicious and addicting sauce.
How to make Cashew Chicken Sauce
The sauce for a baked or stir-fried cashew chicken is what will either make or break the recipe. Here is the sauce recipe that I found works well and tastes amazing. It has that perfect sweet and sour combination that brings out all the Asian flavors.
- Soy Sauce
- Hoison Sauce
- Raw Honey
- Fresh garlic or Garlic Powder
Add all of the ingredients in a small bowl, whisk until combined and then add some over the chicken and toss to coat.
How to make Cashew Chicken
Most Cashew chicken recipes out there will be stir-fried. That’s still great but I figure why not add more veggies to this classic Chinese recipe and bake it instead.
Once you have the sauce prepared, add some of it to the chicken chunks and bake according to the directions below. About 6 minutes or so. Remove and add the veggies, cashews and the rest of the sauce. Bake again. Once done and completely cooked through, remove from oven and drizzle with sesame seeds and fresh parsley. Then serve.
You can serve this recipe with some basmati rice or some quinoa or enjoy as is since its already loaded with veggies.
Making this cashew chicken recipe?
You will love how easy it is to make this Cashew Chicken Recipe. If you do make it and like it please don’t forget to come back and leave me a comment below with some feedback.
Here are a few other Asian inspired recipes you can check out and try sometime:
- Honey Sesame Chicken
- Shrimp Stir Fry Noodles
- Spicy Chicken Stir Fry
- Chicken and Broccoli Stir Fry
- Healthy Kung Pao Chicken
Also, remember to subscribe to my NEWSLETTER for free and receive recipes like this Cashew Chicken Recipe delivered right to your inbox!
Finally, if you try a recipe and you like it, please use my hashtag #healthyfitnessmeals on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW Healthy Fitness Meals on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER for all of my latest blog posts and recipes.
The full recipe for this below:
Baked Cashew Chicken And Veggies
- 1 ½ lb Skinless boneless chicken breasts cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 medium Head of cauliflower broken into florets
- 1 Bell Pepper diced into large pieces
- 1 Large Zucchini cut into chunks
- 2 Medium Red Onions cut into wedges
- ⅔ Cup Roasted unsalted cashews
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 Tbsp Sesame Seeds
- 2 Tbsp Fresh Chopped Parsley
To Make the Sauce
- ½ Cup Low-sodium soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 1 Tbsp Hoisin Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Raw Honey
- 1 Tsp Fresh Ginger or powder
- 1 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Tbsp Gluten-free Flour
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl add all sauce ingredients and whisk until well combined. Place chicken on the prepared sheet pan and season with salt and pepper.
- Add about 1/3 of the sauce and mix to coat, then layer the pieces in the sheet pan leaving some space in between.
- Cook in preheated oven for about 6-8 minutes then remove the pan. Place the cauliflower, bell peppers onions, and cashews in a single layer around the chicken.
- Drizzle with the remaining sauce and toss to coat. Return to the oven and cook for another 8-12 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and veggies are crisp-tender.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and fresh chopped parsley and divide among 4 glass containers
- Serve immediately or refrigerate for up to 5 days. Before serving heat in the microwave for about 2 mins.