Nacho lovers can really appreciate this recipe. Devour this Bell Pepper Nachos Recipe without the guilt of all the carbs! These nachos make a great addition to a healthy buffet, dinner or tailgating party.
Easy to make Bell Pepper Nachos Recipe
These bell pepper nachos are Mini bell pepper halves topped with black beans and melted cheese then drizzled with sour cream and finished off with jalapeno and cilantro. Serve with guacamole for dipping. This nachos recipe is a much healthier version of the classic nachos and it tastes so great you will never want to go back to the classic nachos.
What are the best toppings for nachos?
Most common toppings when you order nachos at a restaurant are refried beans, cheese, jalapenos, sour cream, guacamole, salsa, and onion. The toppings of your nachos can be anything you like. You can omit some of the toppings and add toppings you like. I actually love adding some fresh cilantro to the mix.
How long do you put Nachos in the oven?
If you are making the traditional nachos recipes using chips you only need to put in the oven for about 5-10 minutes until the cheese is melted. Same goes for this bell pepper nachos recipes. It takes about 10 minutes to cook the bell peppers and for the cheese to melt.
I would love to get your feedback on this Bell Pepper Nachos Recipe. How do you make your nachos and what toppings do you use? Leave me a comment below.
Hungry yet? take a look at these other recipes:
- Roasted Pepper Hummus
- Easy Chicken Chili
- Easy Sesame Ginger Shrimp Stir-fry Recipe
- Honey Roasted Butternut Squash
Remember to subscribe to my NEWSLETTER for free and receive all my new recipes like this bell pepper nachos recipe delivered right to your inbox!
If you try a recipe and you like it, please use my hashtag #healthyfitnessmeals on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW Healthy Fitness Meals on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER for all of my latest blog posts and recipes.
How to make this Bell Pepper Nachos Recipe:
Bell Pepper Nachos recipe
Mini bell pepper halves topped with black beans and melted cheese then drizzled with sour cream and finished off with jalapeno and cilantro. Serve with guacamole for dipping.
- 10 mini bell peppers halved and seeded
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup canned black beans rinsed and drained
- 2 teaspoons minced jalapeno remove seeds and ribs if you prefer less heat
- 2 teaspoons minced cilantro
- 2 tablespoons light sour cream
- 1/4 cup prepared guacamole for serving
- 1/2 teaspoon taco seasoning
- Preheat the broiler. Place the pepper halves on a baking sheet lined with foil. Sprinkle the taco seasoning over the peppers.
- Divide the beans evenly among the pepper halves, then sprinkle on the cheese.
- Broil for 3-4 minutes or until cheese has melted.
- Remove from oven. Drizzle the sour cream over the tops of the peppers. You can thin out your sour cream with 1/2 teaspoon of water if it's too thick to drizzle.
- Sprinkle the cilantro and jalapeno over the tops of the peppers.
- Serve immediately, with guacamole for dipping.