Mexican Chicken Soup
An easy yet flavor packed soup full of chicken, black beans and veggies that’s ready in less than 30 minutes.
Servings 4 people
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 yellon onion finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 15 ounce can of black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 14.5 ounce can of tomatoes with green chilies undrained
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 8 ounce can of tomato sauce
- 2 cups of diced or shredded cooked chicken
- 1 tablespoon of taco seasoning
- 2 cups of chicken broth
- salt and pepper to taste
- Optional garnishes: Cilantro light sour cream, diced avocado
Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion and pepper, season with salt and pepper and cook for 3-5 minutes or until just softened.
Add the black beans, canned tomatoes, corn, tomato sauce, chicken and taco seasoning. Stir to combine. Add the chicken broth and bring to a simmer. Cook for 15 minutes. Taste and add additional salt and pepper if needed.
Serve the soup immediately, garnished with cilantro, sour cream and avocado if desired.