This Mexican Chicken Soup recipe is an awesome recipe to have year-round! It comes together quickly and is bursting with flavor! Make a family night into a Mexican Night with this easy, light and budget-friendly meal.
Easy to make Mexican Style Soup Recipe
If you want to wake up your taste buds, you need to make this Chicken Soup that’s got some Mexican flavors in it! Soup isn’t just a cold-weather dish. Many people, especially those trying to live a healthy lifestyle, will eat it year-round. The reason being is that the liquid from the soup can help you feel more full than a traditional meal would, so you don’t consume as many calories at mealtime.
This Mexican Chicken Soup recipe is full of protein and nutrients so you can feel good about what you’re eating. It also stores well, so you can make an entire batch and use it your meal prep containers for consuming all week if you want as well. The fridge just helps the flavors marry bringing out the Mexican spices perfectly. You have to try it!
What kind of chicken is used for soup
You can’t go wrong with which parts of a chicken to use on your chicken soup. Whether you use chicken breast for a much leaner option or the meat of thighs, it all depends on what you like more. The chicken breast will reduce the fat content of the soup. The key is to cook your chicken first by boiling them and then cutting them to smaller pieces or shredding.
Let me know what you think of this Mexican Chicken Soup recipe in the comments below. Also, tag me using my hashtag #healthyfitnessmeals on Instagram so I can see your remake!
Want another Mexican dish? Try out my CHICKEN FAJITAS!
I have a few other recipes that you will love! Check them out and add them to your ‘to make” list:
How to make this Mexican Chicken Soup Recipe below:
Mexican Chicken Soup Recipe
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 yellow onion finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 1 15 ounces can of black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 14.5 ounces can of tomatoes with green chilies undrained
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 8 ounces can of tomato sauce
- 2 cups of diced or shredded cooked chicken
- 1 tablespoon of taco seasoning
- 2 cups of chicken broth
- salt and pepper to taste
- Optional garnishes: Cilantro light sour cream, diced avocado
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion and pepper, season with salt and pepper and cook for 3-5 minutes or until just softened.
- Add the black beans, canned tomatoes, corn, tomato sauce, chicken and taco seasoning. Stir to combine. Add the chicken broth and bring to a simmer. Cook for 15 minutes. Taste and add additional salt and pepper if needed.
- Serve the soup immediately, garnished with cilantro, sour cream and avocado if desired.
Don’t miss any of my posts. Are you following me on Instagram, Facebook, and Pinterest?
Leave A Reply