Want to make a healthy dinner everyone in the family will love? Skip the pasta and make these Chicken Alfredo Zoodles instead!
Chicken Alfredo Zoodles
This Chicken Alfredo Zoodles Recipe is an easy way to eliminate poor food choices from your diet by replacing them with healthy options. This ensures you don’t feel like you’re missing out, or doing without, but that you’re simply making a healthier choice.
When making this Chicken Alfredo recipe, keep in mind not to overcook the zoodles or they become quite soggy. Which is fine, but it will be a bit watery and not crunchy.
An excellent way to do this that’s very simple and easy, is by replacing pasta with zoodles. That’s what I did in my Chicken Alfredo Zoodles , and it’s delicious! It’s full of so many flavors and you don’t feel like you’re missing out on pasta!
If you don’t want to use zucchini, you can use other vegetables as well. I like using the zucchini because they’re savory and soak up the flavors of the sauce and seasonings to best reflect the dish it’s cooked in.
My son Marc won’t eat zoodles though. Most of you think my kids eat the healthiest stuff which isn’t the case at all. I make a side of spaghetti for him when I make anything that involves zucchini like this Chicken Alfredo Zoodles Recipe.
Try this Chicken Alfredo Zoodles and let me know what you think about the pasta exchange! Leave me a comment below and tag me so I can see it.
Also try this other delicious zoodle recipe: PESTO SHRIMP ZOODLES
How to make this Chicken Alfredo Zoodles:
Chicken Alfredo Zoodles
- 3 large zucchini spiralized
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon butter or olive oil
- 4 thin boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning or equal parts dried garlic, oregano and basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 and ½ tablespoons flour
- 1 and ½ cups skim milk
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of butter in a large pan over medium-high heat. Sprinkle the Italian seasoning and salt and pepper over the chicken.
- Place the chicken in the pan and cook for 5-6 minutes on each side, or until done.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and put on a plate. Cover to keep warm.
- Wipe out the pan with a paper towel. Heat remaining tablespoon of butter over medium-high heat. Add the flour and whisk until the butter and flour are thoroughly incorporated about 1 minute.
- Add the milk to the pan and cook, stirring constantly until thickened, 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in the parmesan cheese.
- Add the zucchini noodles to the pan.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3-4 minutes or until zucchini noodles are just tender. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Slice the chicken and arrange it on top of the zucchini noodles. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.