Chicken Alfredo Zoodles
Zucchini noodles tossed in a light creamy sauce and topped with seasoned chicken.
Servings: 4 people
- 3 large zucchini spiralized
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon butter or olive oil
- 4 thin boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning or equal parts dried garlic, oregano and basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 and ½ tablespoons flour
- 1 and ½ cups skim milk
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of butter in a large pan over medium high heat. Sprinkle the Italian seasoning and salt and pepper over the chicken.
- Place the chicken in the pan and cook for 5-6 minutes on each side, or until done.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and put on a plate. Cover to keep warm.
- Wipe out the pan with a paper towel. Heat remaining tablespoon of butter over medium high heat. Add the flour and whisk until the butter and flour are thoroughly incorporated, about 1 minute.
- Add the milk to the pan and cook, stirring constantly until thickened, 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in the parmesan cheese.
- Add the zucchini noodles to the pan.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3-4 minutes or until zucchini noodles are just tender. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Slice the chicken and arrange it on top of the zucchini noodles. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.