Want to make a healthy dinner everyone in the family will love? Skip the pasta and make this healthy Chicken Alfredo Zoodles instead! They are low in carb, filling, makes for a perfect weeknight dinner and ready in under 30 minutes.
Healthy Chicken Alfredo Zoodles
This Healthy Chicken Alfredo Recipe is an easy way to eliminate poor food choices from your diet by replacing them with healthy options. This ensures you don’t feel like you’re missing out, or doing without, but that you’re simply making a healthier choice.
When making this low carb dinner recipe, keep in mind not to overcook the zoodles or they become quite soggy. Which is fine, but it will be a bit watery and not crunchy.
How to make low carb chicken alfredo:
An excellent way to do this that’s very simple and easy, is by replacing pasta with zoodles. That’s what we did in this Chicken Alfredo Zoodles recipe, and it’s delicious! It’s full of so many flavors and you don’t feel like you’re missing out on pasta!
If you don’t want to use zucchini, you can use other vegetables as well. We like using the zucchini because they’re savory and soak up the flavors of the sauce and seasonings to best reflect the dish it’s cooked in.
What do you eat with zoodles
Zoodles is very versatile. They can replace any pasta recipe to give you a low carb option for your favorite meal when you are looking to cut down on some carbs. Zoodles taste great with chicken, shrimp, and steaks. They pair well with any sauce you mix them in for a vegetarian option. Creamy or tomato-based sauce. A prime example is this chicken alfredo zoodles recipe to replace the classic chicken alfredo.
Is Chicken Alfredo Healthy
Classic chicken alfredo is made with a creamy sauce and pasta that’s high in calories. Switching out some of the ingredients and using healthier alternatives will result in a healthier chicken alfredo. A big plus would be switching that pasta with spiralized zucchini.
If you happen to be reading this, we would love it if you left us a comment below to let us know what you thought of this low carb easy chicken alfredo recipe. Your opinion does matter!
Love Zoodles and looking for more zoodles recipe? Check these out:
Remember to subscribe to my NEWSLETTER for free and receive recipes like this Roasted Cilantro Chickpea Recipe delivered right to your inbox!
If you try a recipe and you like it, please use my hashtag #healthyfitnessmeals on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW Healthy Fitness Meals on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER for all of my latest blog posts and recipes.
Healthy Chicken Alfredo Zoodles
- 3 large zucchini spiralized
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon butter or olive oil
- 4 thin boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning or equal parts dried garlic, oregano and basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 and ½ tablespoons flour
- 1 and ½ cups skim milk
- ½ cup Grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons Chopped parsley.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of butter in a large pan over medium-high heat. Sprinkle the Italian seasoning and salt and pepper over the chicken.
- Place the chicken in the pan and cook for 5-6 minutes on each side, or until done.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and put on a plate. Cover to keep warm.
- Wipe out the pan with a paper towel. Heat remaining tablespoon of butter over medium-high heat. Add the flour and whisk until the butter and flour are thoroughly incorporated about 1 minute.
- Add the milk to the pan and cook, stirring constantly until thickened, 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in the parmesan cheese.
- Add the zucchini noodles to the pan.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3-4 minutes or until zucchini noodles are just tender. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Slice the chicken and arrange it on top of the zucchini noodles. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.