This Mexican Chicken Bowl recipe is a super fun way to add a kick to your chicken lunch bowl. Packed with juicy grilled chicken, easy to make and very tasty and filling lunch. Bursting with flavor, nutritious and perfect for meal prep!
Easy and Delicious Mexican Grilled Chicken Bowl Recipe
This Mexican Chicken Bowl Recipe is so tasty and filling you would probably end up making it every week. It’s so easy to put together too. Chicken grilled to perfect turns out so juicy and you add it over a bed of mixed quinoa and corn with tomatoes, onions, and cilantro. Then topped with avocado slices and some fresh lemons. If you need to cut down on the carbs for this chicken bowl, use a bit less quinoa and sweet corn.
This Mexican inspired Chicken Bowl recipe can be made using different proteins to change things up if you end up liking it and wanting to make it more often. Try the same recipe out but switch out the chicken with shrimps of salmon. I promise it will be the same great taste! Just so delicious.
How do I grill the perfect chicken breast?
Grill chicken breast on the grill over medium heat for about 5-7 minutes on each side. It is best to use medium heat so the chicken doesn’t overcook and dry out too quickly. If the chicken cooks at a slower pace it will retain its juiciness. You can also use a food thermometer to check until it reads 165 C.
Is it healthy to eat grilled chicken?
Chicken breasts are the leanest parts of the chicken. Especially if they are skinless. If you are having mostly grilled chicken breasts then yes they are very healthy to eat even if you choose to do so daily. They are loaded with lean protein and very low in fat. Grilled chicken wings, on the other hand, aren’t the healthiest because they have skin and have a higher fat content.
Making this Mexican Chicken Bowl Recipe?
I would like to know your thoughts on this Mexican Chicken Bowl if you end up making it. Please come back and leave me a comment below. Also, let me know if you ever make this with shrimp or Salmon. If you ever like any of my recipes, rating it would make my day!
Here are a few more Mexican inspired recipes you can check out if you have another minute to spare!
- Chili Mac and Cheese
- Mexican Chicken Soup
- Healthy Mexican Street Corn
- Taco Pasta Salad
- Easy Three Way Quinoa Lunch Bowl Recipe
- Fish Taco Salad Bowl Recipe
Remember to subscribe to my NEWSLETTER for free and receive recipes like this Mexican Chicken Bowl Recipe delivered right to your inbox!
Finally, if you try a recipe and you like it, please use my hashtag #healthyfitnessmeals on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW Healthy Fitness Meals on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER for all of my latest blog posts and recipes.
How to make this Mexican Chicken Bowl Recipe Below:
Mexican Grilled Chicken Bowl
- 1 lb Chicken Breast
- 2-3 Tbsp Lime Juice
- 1 Tsp Honey
- 1 Tsp Ground Cumin
- 1 Tsp Ground Coriander
- ½ Tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 3 Tbsp Olive Oil divided
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 Cups Cooked Quinoa
- 2 Cups Sweet Corn
- 2 Cups Cherry Tomatoes Halves
- 1 Avocado sliced
- 1 Small Red Onion sliced
- 1 Lime juiced
- Lime Wedges to serve
- In a mixing bowl combine 1 tablespoon of olive oil with honey, lime, cumin, coriander, cayenne pepper and a pinch of salt. Add in chicken breast and mix to coat well on all sides.
- Heat a grill pan or an outside grill over medium-high heat and cook the chicken until cooked through and no longer pink in the inside, 10-12 minutes. Set aside on a chopping board and allow it to rest for 5 minutes, then slice it.
- In a large bowl mix quinoa, sweet corn, tomatoes, onions, and fresh chopped cilantro. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil, lime juice and season with salt and pepper to taste, then mix to combine.
- Divide quinoa mixture among 4 bowls, then top with sliced grilled chicken and avocado. Enjoy!