These Mexican Street Corns are made with a healthier twist compared to the classic recipe. They are easy to make, delicious, and perfect as a side dish for a Mexican themed lunch, dinner, or party. Made with Cotija Cheese, Garlic Salt, Lime Juice, and some Chili Powder for some extra heat!
Easy and Delicious Healthy Street Corn Recipe
This Healthy Mexican Street Corn recipe will definitely be a crowd-pleaser. You can also chargrill this outside if you are having a barbecue or if you have any event going on. Put a little twist to your basic grilled corn and make this Healthy Mexican Street Corn. This is also known as Elotes even though it is a much healthier version of the classic Elotes recipe! No offense to those who completely disagree with me on this. Just trying to make stuff healthier for everyone.
I make large batches of this Mexican Street Corn and I save it in the fridge for the following day. You can cut them up and add to anything you plan on cooking the next day. A few of my salad recipes require some corn, like this BARBECUE CHICKEN QUINOA BOWL so if you have leftovers you can chop them and add to your favorite meals.
What is Elotes (Mexican Street Corn) Made of?
Also referred to as Elotes, it is made of grilled or boiled corn on the cob, covered in a spicy mixture that’s usually made out of mayonnaise, Crema (which is similar to sour cream), Chili powder, and then rolled in crumbled cheese called cotija.
The Cotija cheese in this recipe makes it have a unique flavor. If you have children you may want to skip on the Chili powder. My kids can’t handle the heat so I usually make a batch with chili powder and some without.
We love having corn in the summer and by the time summer is over, it feels like we are growing corn out of our ears. Of all my kids Marc eats the most corn and his all-time favorite corn recipe is this HEALTHY SUMMER CORN CHOWDER.
If you plan on making this Healthy Mexican Street Corn recipe come back and let me know how it comes out in the comments below. Tag me on Instagram and use my hashtag #healthyfitnessmeals so I can see your remake. I would love to get some feedback. If you take a moment to rate any of my recipes I would appreciate it.
Want a few more Mexican dishes? Check these out below:
- Easy Spicy Guacamole Recipe
- Taco Pasta Salad
- Mexican Chicken Soup
- One Pot Cheesy Creamed Corn
- Mexican Shrimp Salad Recipe
Healthy Mexican Street Corn
- 4 Sweet Corn Kernels
- 2 Tbsp Melted Butter
- 1 Tsp Garlic Salt or Garlic Powder
- 4 Tbsp Sour Cream
- 1/3 Cup Crumbled Cotija Cheese
- 2-3 Tbsp Fresh Cilantro chopped
- 1/2 Tsp Chipotle Chili Powder
- 1 Lime cut into wedges
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Cut 4 pieces of aluminum foil large enough to hold a cob, then place a cob on each piece.
- Brush each one with melted butter, and sprinkle generously with garlic salt. Seal the edges of your foil to form packets.
- Bake, or grill, for 30-35 minutes or until tender. Once the corn is done, carefully remove the foil and brush the corn with sour cream.
- Sprinkle with cheese, chili powder and cilantro on all sides. Squeeze lime over and enjoy!