A step-by-step process on how to make simple Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice recipe. It is the perfect side dish to accompany any meal. They are low in calories and carbs, paleo, keto, gluten-free, dairy-free, and whole 30 approved.
Cauliflower rice is a great way to lighten up your tacos, burrito bowls, or any meal that calls for a side of rice. It is the perfect low carb side dish recipe to serve with almost most main meals. They are perfect for those who are on a low carb and keto diet. They keep you full while nourishing your body with all the great benefits of having cauliflower.
Cauliflower may be a bit bland for some but there are so many different seasonings to add to your cauliflower rice to keep it tasty and interesting. This keto Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice recipe is easy to make, tasty, and can be ready in less than 30 minutes!
HOW TO MAKE CAULIFLOWER RICE
We will be showing you the step-by-step process on how to make a simple but tasty cauliflower rice recipe, First, we will need the following ingredients.
Cauliflower Rice Ingredients:
One Head Cauliflower
Salt and pepper
- Prepare Cauliflower: Wash and thoroughly dry the cauliflower, then remove all greens. Turn the cauliflower upside down and carefully remove each stem using your hands or knife.
- Cut the cauliflower: Using a knife, slice the cauliflower in half, then cut each half again into another half. Then cut the rest of the cauliflower into small florets and place them in a food processor. Pulse until the cauliflower florets are ground to a coarse meal or the mixture resembles rice or couscous.
- Chop the cilantro and minced the garlic: Time to chop the fresh cilantro and mince some garlic. It is best to use fresh cilantro to give it that robust flavor. We also recommend using fresh garlic and not garlic powder.
Sautee Garlic: Heat a skillet over medium heat, add oil and heat until shimmering. Immediately add in the garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add cauliflower rice to pan: Remove the cauliflower rice and pour it over the pan of sauteed garlic. Cook cook on low for a few minutes and gently toss.
- Optional step: Alternatively, you can add 1/4 cup of water to the pan, and place the lid on to steam the cauliflower rice for 5-7 minutes, or until tender. Season with some salt and pepper. Adding the water is optional. The cauliflower will still steam once it is covered and placed on low. But 1/4 cup water is a small enough amount to help speed up the process.
- Stir: Next, keep stirring occasionally for about 5-7 minutes until golden and crispy. Open the lid every 3 minutes or so and stir the cauliflower to prevent it from sticking to the pan. Cover again and allow to cook.
- Add Cilantro and Lime: Finally, remove the cauliflower rice from the heat, add chopped cilantro and lime juice, toss until well combined. Taste and add some salt and pepper if needed.
- Serve: Place the cauliflower into serving bowls and serve. Cauliflower rice can be a great side dish to many main dishes that call for rice or quinoa. Perfect as a low carb option.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Is Cauliflower Keto
Cauliflower is an amazing veggie option for those who are on the keto diet. It has a very low carb content and the perfect substitute for rice and potatoes due to its texture and taste.
How to rice cauliflower
The two easiest ways to rice cauliflower are to either use a food processor or a grater. If using a food processor, cut the cauliflower into small chunks before adding to the food processor. Then pulse a few times until it reaches the consistency you prefer. You may also use a veggie grater and simply use your hands to grate large pieces of cauliflower.
How to cook cauliflower rice
The best and easiest way to cook cauliflower rice is to use a skillet over low heat and cook on your stovetop. Alternate options would be sprinkly a bit of water over the cauliflower rice and cooking in the microwave for 3-4 minutes.
Where to buy cauliflower rice
First of all, you can make your own cauliflower rice at home! All you need is a head of cauliflower. But, if you would rather buy ready to use cauliflower rice, all major grocery stores now carry them! look in the fresh produce section. Also, you can now buy frozen cauliflower rice which can be found in the frozen veggie section of most retail stores.
Can you freeze cauliflower rice
Absolutely! Rice as many cauliflowers as you can and store in freezer-safe Ziploc bags and store in the freezer for up to 4 months! Simply remove the night before and allow it to thaw in the fridge or add right to the pan over low heat and allow it to simmer and cook! Easy Peasy!
We would love to get some feedback if you made this cilantro lime cauliflower recipe. Leave us a comment in the comment section below. What’s your favorite cauliflower rice recipe? Share it with us! Also, don’t forget to share any of the recipes you try on Healthyfitnessmeals with your friends and family. Especially if you loved it!
Here are some meals you can serve with cauliflower rice:
- Cilantro Lime Shrimp
- Creamy Coconut Lime Salmon
- Baked Teriyaki Salmon
- Grilled Chicken With Mango Salsa
- Mushroom and Steak
- Creamy Chicken Piccata
Remember to subscribe to my NEWSLETTER for free and receive recipes like this easy Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice Recipe delivered right to your inbox!
If you try a recipe and you like it, please use our hashtag #healthyfitnessmeals on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW Healthy Fitness Meals on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER for all of our latest blog posts and recipes.
Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice
- 1 Medium Head Cauliflower about 24 oz cauliflower, rinsed
- 1 Tbsp Extra-virgin Olive Oil
- 2-3 Garlic Cloves minced
- Kosher Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 1½ Limes
- ¼ Cup Fresh Chopped Cilantro
- Wash and thoroughly dry the cauliflower, then remove all greens.
- Cut the cauliflower head into small florets and then place them in a food processor, pulse until florets are ground to a coarse meal or the mixture resembles rice or couscous.
- Chop the cilantro and minced the garlic. Heat a skillet over medium heat, add oil and heat until shimmering.
- Immediately add in the garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add cauliflower rice and cook on low.
- Alternatively, you can add 1/4 cup of water to the pan, and place the lid on to steam the cauliflower rice for 5-7 minutes, or until tender.
- Next, keep stirring occasionally for about 5-7 minutes until golden and crispy.
- Season with some salt and pepper. Remove from the heat, add chopped cilantro and lime juice, toss until well combined.
- Serve warm and enjoy!