This Creamy Shrimp Pasta recipe is made with a light cream sauce, sun-dried tomatoes, spinach, and a light creamy sauce. Quick and easy lunch or dinner recipe that’s delicious and appetizing.
Easy Creamy Shrimp Pasta Recipe with Sun-dried Tomatoes
A pasta recipe that’s is easy and quick to put together. Ready in about 30 minutes. This Creamy Shrimp Pasta recipe is filling, delicious and loaded with shrimps. Made with sun-dried tomatoes, spinach for some added nutrition, skimmed milk instead of heavy cream, topped with some chili flakes. You can use any type of pasta you prefer.
Don’t like shrimps?
If you prefer to use a different protein like chicken instead of shrimp you definitely can. This creamy pasta recipe can be made with any meat you like. A great option would be chicken, or if you would like to keep it vegetarian go ahead and add more veggies.
Can you boil pasta in chicken broth?
There are many different ways to cook pasta. The most common one being in the water. If you would like to cook it in the chicken broth you can do so at medium heat. Add just enough broth to cover the pasta and once the broth has boiled and the pasta had cooked through you can go ahead and add the other ingredients.
What is healthy to put on pasta?
Often times people like to keep their pasta ingredients to a minimum to reduce the number of calories. Some great healthy options to add to your pasta would be some sort of protein like grilled chicken or shrimps. Skip heavy cream for creamy pasta recipes and use light cream cheese and skim milk. Alternatively, you can always use olive oil instead of butter for any pasta dish like I did with this creamy shrimp pasta recipe. Some other great toppings or additions can be grilled veggies, tomato basil sauce, fresh garlic, hot pepper flakes, cheese, fresh herbs, mushrooms, and sun-dried tomatoes.
Making this creamy Shrimp pasta recipe?
I would love to know what your thoughts are on this creamy shrimp pasta recipe. Leave me a comment below with some feedback and let me know if you made any changes to this meal. Also, don’t forget to tag me on Instagram so I can see your remake.
Here are a few other pasta dishes you can check out:
- Easy Greek Cherry Tomato Pasta Recipe
- Chicken Alfredo Zoodles
- Creamy Wild Mushroom Pasta
- Healthy Pasta Primavera
- Taco Pasta Salad
- Chicken Pasta Puttanesca
Also, remember to subscribe to my NEWSLETTER for free and receive recipes like this Creamy Shrimp Pasta Recipe delivered right to your inbox!
Finally, if you try a recipe and you like it, please use my hashtag #healthyfitnessmeals on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW Healthy Fitness Meals on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER for all of my latest blog posts and recipes
How to make this Creamy Shrimp Pasta Recipe:
Creamy Shrimp Pasta
- 8 oz Whole Wheat Penne
- 1 lb Jumbo Shrimp peeled and deveined
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 3-4 Garlic Cloves minced or pressed
- 4 oz Sun-dried Tomatoes drained and chopped
- Sea salt and pepper, to your taste
- 2 Cup Baby Spinach
- 1 ½ Cup Skimmed Milk
- 1 Tbsp Corn or Gluten-free Flour
- 1 Tbsp Dried Basil
- ½ Tsp Chili Flakes
- Fill a pot with salted water and bring it to the boil. Add in the pasta and cook for 6-8 minutes, or until al dente.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute.
- Add shrimps, dried tomatoes, chili flakes, dried basil and a pinch of salt. Cook until shrimps are pink, about 3-4 minutes, then set aside on a plate.
- In the same pan add milk and flour and cook whisking constantly, until sauce thickens
(about 3-4 minutes). Season with salt and pepper to your taste.
- Add baby spinach and cook until just wilted about 1 more minute.
- Stir in the cooked pasta and shrimps and gently mix to combine. Enjoy!