This Creamy Wild Mushroom Pasta recipe is a vegetarian dish that’s rich, creamy, delicious, and easy to make and can be added to your weekly dinner menu option.
Creamy Wild Mushroom Pasta Recipe
My kids love this Creamy Mushroom Pasta recipe so much. They all love mushrooms so much that I make extra sauteed mushrooms because they always want to have some before I add it to the pasta. For this recipe, I added chili flakes but I usually don’t because the kids won’t eat it.
Protein you can add over this Creamy Mushroom Pasta Recipe:
You can leave this Creamy Mushroom Pasta dish vegetarian or you can add any protein you like over this. Try my Lemon Garlic Marinated Chicken, or if you like shrimps you can try my Cilantro Lime Shrimp. Either way, any protein you add over this will turn out superb!
Ingredients needed to make this Creamy Wild Mushroom Pasta
Whole wheat penne
Wild mushroom mix
Garlic Cloves chili flakes
Grated Parmesan cheese
Salt and pepper
If you make this Creamy Mushroom Pasta Recipe and you like it please tag me on Instagram so I can see your remake. Leave me a comment below and let me know what your thoughts are and if you added anything to this recipe. Also, please share it with your friends and family.
For a Gluten-free option, use gluten-free pasta instead of whole wheat pasta. No one is gluten sensitive in our house so i usually use only whole wheat pasta.
Like this Creamy Mushroom Pasta Recipe and hungry for more? Check out these recipes below:
- Sheet Pan Steak with Kale Pesto
- Roasted Smoked Sweet Potatoes
- One Pan Cranberry Roasted Chicken Skillet
- Citrus Garlic Butter Shrimps
Remember to subscribe to my NEWSLETTER for free and receive all my new recipes like this Creamy Mushroom Pasta delivered right to your inbox!
If you try a recipe and you like it, please use my hashtag #healthyfitnessmeals on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW Healthy Fitness Meals on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER for all of my latest blog posts and recipes.
The Full Recipe for the Creamy Wild Mushroom Pasta below:
Creamy Wild Mushroom Pasta
- 8 oz Whole Wheat Penne
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 10 oz Wild Mushroom mix slice the bigger ones
- 2 Garlic Cloves minced or pressed
- 1 Tsp Chili Flakes
- 1 1/2 Dried Oregano
- 2 Cups Skimmed Milk
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Gluten-free flour or whole wheat
- 1/2 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- Fill a pot with salted water and bring it to the boil. Once boiling add in the pasta and cook for 6-8 minutes or until al-dente. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add mushrooms and sauté for about 8 mins. Then add in garlic, chili flakes, oregano and cook for 1 minute, until fragrant.
- In a small bowl whisk milk and flour until well combined.
- Pour the milk mixture over the mushrooms and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Reduce the heat to low, and simmer for about 3-5 minutes, until the sauce thickens.
- Stir in the pasta and parmesan cheese and mix until well combined. Enjoy!