This Garlic Lemon Chicken Skillet is the perfect recipe for those busy nights. Made with loads pf asparagus and tomatoes, this tender and flavorful chicken recipe is easy to make, paleo, low carb, gluten-free, and keto-friendly.
Simple and Easy Lemon Garlic Chicken Skillet Recipe
Looking for a quick and easy chicken recipe that can be put together in less than 30 minutes? Then try this lemon chicken skillet recipe. No need to bake, loaded with flavor and veggies, and cooked in a skillet or pan. Tender juicy chicken breasts that’s flavorful and perfect for either lunch or dinner. This recipe is also great for those that like to meal prep.
Chicken Thighs in a Skillet
Have thighs instead of chicken breast? You can use thighs instead and follow the same recipe. Chicken thighs aren’t as lean as chicken breasts so the nutrition facts will vary. You can either cook them with the skin or without.
How much is the juice of one lemon?
Each lemon on average has about 2 tablespoons of lemon juice. So if a recipe calls for one lemon and you don’t happen to have fresh lemons, then use 2 tablespoons of bottled lemon juice. If you also wonder how much lemon zest is in one lemon, it comes out to about 1 tablespoon.
Is bottled lemon juice as healthy as fresh squeezed?
Keep in mind anything in bottles and jars always have some sorts of additives and preservatives. It is always best to go with fresh fruits and vegetables. Use bottled lemon juice only when you have to. Not that they are unhealthy, but fresh lemon juice tastes so much better than the bottled version. The flavor does make a difference in recipes.
Making this easy lemon chicken skillet recipe?
I would love to know what your thoughts are if you plan to make this easy and simple lemon chicken skillet recipe. Please take a moment and come back to leave me some feedback.
Like chicken? Here are a few chicken recipes you can check out for later:
- Baked Cashew Chicken and Veggies
- Asian Chicken Cups Recipe
- Asian Chicken Cups Recipe
- Pesto Bruschetta Chicken
- Asparagus Stuffed Chicken Breast
Also, remember to subscribe to my NEWSLETTER for free and receive recipes like this Lemon Chicken Skillet Recipe delivered right to your inbox!
Finally, if you try a recipe and you like it, please use my hashtag #healthyfitnessmeals on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW Healthy Fitness Meals on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER for all of my latest blog posts and recipes.
Lemon Garlic Chicken Skillet With Asparagus
- 1½ lb Boneless skinless chicken breasts pounded to even 1⁄2 inch thickness and cut in half
- 1 lb Asparagus ends trimmed and cut in half
- 1 pint Cherry Tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil divided
- 2 Garlic Cloves minced
- 1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 Lemon juice and zest
- ¼ Cup Low sodium chicken broth
- Sea salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 Tbsp Fresh chopped parsley to garnish
- lemon slices to garnish
- In a mixing bowl add chicken, garlic, and sprinkle with Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Drizzle with 1 Tbsp of olive oil and stir well to coat.
- Heat the remaining oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add chicken and cook for 4-5 minutes, then flip and cook for another 5 minutes, or until almost cooked through. (will finish it together with the rest of the ingredients.)
- Stir in asparagus, cherry tomatoes, broth, lemon juice, and zest. Lower the heat, place a lid on and cook, for 4-6 minutes or until chicken is tender cooked through and no longer pink on the inside.
- Garnish with fresh chopped parsley and lemon slices. Serve immediately or divide among 4 glass containers and refrigerate for up to 5 days. Enjoy!