These oven “fried” chicken tenders are so juicy and perfectly crispy and delicious. A simple and easy way to enjoy your favorite comfort food but healthier. They are low in fat, no skin, full of flavor and perfectly baked in the oven instead!
We all love chicken tenders and remember the days when all we wanted was some chicken tenders. They are so comforting and hard to resist. Chicken tenders are generally fried but we have created this oven “fried” chicken tenders so we can all enjoy chicken tenders without all the quilt. Skip on greasy fried chicken tenders and bake them instead. Perfectly tender and moist on the inside with the same crunchy and crispy outside. These easy oven-baked chicken tenders are super easy to make and we will be showing you just how to make them!
HOW TO MAKE OVEN FRIED CHICKEN TENDERS
In a mixing bowl whisk milk, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Add in the
chicken breast strips and allow it to soak for at least 1 hour, or overnight if time allows.
Preheat your oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil. Drizzle avocado oil onto the bottom of the pan and spread it all over until there are no dry spots.
Add panko, garlic powder, smoked paprika, parsley/oregano, salt and pepper in a large Ziploc bag.
Drain the chicken, and add it to the Ziploc bag, shaking well to evenly coat. Place coated chicken strips onto the prepared baking sheet, leaving some space in between.
Transfer to the oven and bake for 15-18 minutes, flipping it halfway through.
Remove from the oven and allow it to cool for 2-3 minutes before serving.
Serve immediately with any healthy sides of your choice and dip. Enjoy!
Chicken Tender Sides
Often wonder what sides you can serve with chicken tenders? The options are endless. Here are a few to consider:
- Veggies: Have them with your favorite veggies like green beans and broccoli
- Fries: Make your own baked potato fries. Try these Zucchini baked fries or this sweet potato fries.
- Mashed Potatoes: They taste great with mashed potatoes. Try this low carb Mash potato made with cauliflower
- Mac and Cheese: Have it with some mac and cheese.
- Creamy veggie: Add a side of creamed spinach or this creamed corn.
- Dips: Use your favorite dips like ketchup or ranch.
- Salads: Add them over fresh greens, salads, or try with this Creamy broccoli cauliflower salad
Chicken Tenders Calories
The calories of chicken tenders will vary based on ingredients used and the way they were cooked. The calories will vary between 110-350 per servings, which is one chicken tender. The serving size of these oven “fried” chicken tenders are 2 per serving. This comes out to a total of 333 calories per serving. (Each tender is about 166 calories)
SOME FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
We may not answer all of the questions that you may have but here are a few. If you still have any questions or tips, leave us a comment in the comment section below and we will do our very best to get them answered for you!
How long to bake chicken tenders
Chicken tenders need 15-18 minutes to cook at 4oo F. If set at a lower temperature of 350 F, the chicken tenders will need about 22 minutes to cook through.
If you are baking Frozen chicken tenders in the oven, either thaw them ahead or bake them frozen for longer than 20 minutes to allow the chicken tenders to cook through and prevent a few cold bites in the middle.
How to bread chicken tenders
Many use different methods of breading their chicken breasts or chicken tenders. Some breading recipes will call for eggs, but the breading for these oven-fried chicken tenders is made with milk, herbs, and breadcrumbs. You can use Greek-style yogurt as well in place of eggs.
We’ve found that adding the crumbs and seasoning to a ziplock bag works well. But you can simply add the crumbs along with the seasoning on a bowl, mix well and then dip the soaked chicken strips into the crumbs to evenly coat them.
How to reheat chicken tenders
Chicken tenders can be reheated in the oven at a low temperature to prevent them from get too crispy or dry. Microwaving seems to be a better option and much quicker and easier.
What to do with chicken tenders
Chicken tenders can be a great appetizer dish anyone can enjoy over the dinner table with some dips. You can have baked and healthy chicken tenders over salads for added protein. They are also great to have in sandwiches or tacos. Have them as a meal with some side options like veggies, mashed potatoes, and baked potato fries (more sides mentioned above).
Leave us some feedback and let us know what you think of these healthy chicken tenders. How do you make your homemade chicken tenders? Share your famous recipes with us in the comment section below.
Check out some other healthy and easy to make recipes:
- Easy Chicken Chili
- Greek Quinoa Salad Bowls
- Chicken Alfredo Brussels Sprouts
- Chili Mac and Cheese
- Healthy Eggplant And Zucchini Gratin
- Pumpkin Spice Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes
Remember to subscribe to my NEWSLETTER for free and receive recipes like this Oven- Fried Chicken Tenders Recipe delivered right to your inbox!
If you try a recipe and you like it, please use my hashtag #healthyfitnessmeals on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW Healthy Fitness Meals on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER for all of my latest blog posts and recipes
Oven-Fried Chicken Tenders
- 1½ lbs Boneless Chicken Breasts trimmed and cut into about 3 strips each
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 Tsp Onion Powder
- Kosher salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 Tbsp Avocado or Olive oil
- ½ Cup Panko Breadcrumbs
- 1 Tbsp Smoked Paprika
- ½ Tbsp Dried Parsley or Oregano
- In a mixing bowl whisk milk, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Add in the chicken breast strips and allow it to soak for at least 1 hour, or overnight if time allows.
- Preheat your oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
- Drizzle avocado oil onto the bottom of the pan and spread it all over until there are no dry spots.
- Add panko garlic powder, smoked paprika, parsley/oregano, salt and pepper in a large Ziploc bag.
- Drain the chicken, and add it to the Ziploc bag, shaking well to evenly coat. Place coated chicken strips onto the prepared baking sheet, leaving some space in between.
- Transfer to the oven and bake for 15-18 minutes, flipping it halfway.
- Serve immediately with the desired healthy side and dip. Enjoy!