Roasted Broccolini is an easy and delicious side dish recipe that will only need just about 20 minutes to make. Healthy, gluten-free, easy to make, and the perfect addition to the dinner table for any occasion.
This simple and tender roasted broccolini recipe is made with a handful of pantry staple ingredients that are healthy and accessible. The broccolini is tossed in with olive oil, garlic, salt & pepper, and parmesan cheese. They are then roasted to perfection and garnished with freshly squeezed lemon juice. This lemon garlic broccoli or broccolini recipe is an easy, flavorful, and healthy side dish recipe to add to your dinner table that’s full of fiber, healthy, very tasty, and perfect for any occasion. All you need is 5 simple ingredients to make this garlic roasted broccolini recipe and just 20 minutes of your time.
Why you will love this roasted broccolini side dish recipe
- Minimal ingredients needed: All you need is 5 simple ingredients that you most likely already have and you just need to grab the broccolinis the next time you are out shopping.
- Healthy: Only clean and healthy ingredients needed to make this roasted broccolini recipe. Also, they are gluten-free, low carb, high in fiber, and low in fat.
- Easy to make: With 5 minutes of prep time and 15 minutes of roasting in the oven, this broccoli side dish recipe will be ready in just 20-25 minutes tops.
INGREDIENTs, tips, and substitutes
- Broccolini: do not get wilted broccolinis. If they are hard to find in local stores near you, then just use broccoli
- Oil: you will need a bit of oil. We love avocado or olive oil
- Garlic: it is best to use fresh garlic cloves. If you ran out of this ingredient you may use 1 tablespoon garlic powder. The taste will vary slightly.
- Shredded parmesan: Shred your own if possible, or use store-bought. Also, instead of parmesan cheese, you may use shredded Romano Cheese.
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Clean your broccolini throughly and pat them dry well before adding any other ingredients to it.
- Lemon is Optional: A squeeze of lemon to garnish at the end would be tasty if you like.
- Make it vegan: you may skip the parmesan cheese or use vegan-friendly cheese to keep this broccolini recipe vegan.
How to make this garlic roasted Broccolini
First, preheat the oven to 375F and line a large sheet pan with parchment paper.
Then, in a large bowl, combine the broccolini with the oil, garlic, and parmesan cheese. Stir well with your clean hands to evenly coat the broccolini pieces.
Next, transfer to your prepared pan and arrange in a single layer. Top with the remaining parmesan that’s left at the bottom of the bowl.
Season with salt and pepper to your taste. Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until tender with a crisp.
Finally, serve with lemon wedges, if desired.
Frequently asked questions
With a preheated oven to 350-375F, you will need just about 10-15 minutes of roasting or baking time in the oven. Keep an eye on it and remove it when you feel like they are nicely crispy and tender enough to your liking.
Steaming broccoli is the healthiest way to cook broccoli since there are no other ingredients added to the broccoli/broccolini to add calories. Roasting or baking broccoli is just as healthy and good with minimal ingredients added to it.
Yes. Absolutely. It is always a good idea to wash your vegetables well before using them. Some vegetables come in bags that are pre-washed and packed. Those are most likely ok to cook without washing. Wash any loose vegetables well. Also, make sure you pat dry the broccolini/broccoli before adding any other ingredients to it.
What to serve with roasted Broccolini
- Keto Turkey Stuffed Peppers
- Baked Teriyaki Salmon
- Cripsy oven Baked Chicken Cutlets
- Baked Honey Lemon Chicken and Potatoes
- Honey Garlic Chicken Breast
- Chicken Florentine
Other side dish recipes you may like
- Cucumber Tomato Feta Salad
- Cowboy Caviar
- Cucumber Avocado Feta Salad
- Spinach Apple Pecan Salad
- Garlic Herbed Red Potatoes
- Easy Marinated Tomatoes
- Garlic Parmesan Green Beans
Also, if you try a recipe and you like it, leave us some feedback in the comment section below, and don’t forget to rate it! We would love it if you shared it with friends and family.
Finally, please use our hashtag #healthyfitnessmeals on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW Healthy Fitness Meals on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER for all of our latest blog posts and recipes.
Garlic Roasted Broccolini
- 2 lb. broccolini ends trimmed
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2-4 cloves garlic pressed
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Kosher salt and ground pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375F and line a large sheet pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the broccolini with the oil, garlic, and parmesan cheese. Stir well with your clean hands to evenly coat the broccolini pieces.
- Transfer to your prepared pan and arrange in a single layer. Top with the remaining parmesan that’s left at the bottom of the bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper to your taste.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until tender with a crisp.
- Serve with lemon wedges, if desired.
- Can’t get a hold of broccolini? Use broccoli.
- Don’t like Broccoli? Use any other vegetable like cauliflower. If using cauliflower, you will need to roast longer. Roast for an additional 10-15 minutes until crispy and tender.
- Use fresh garlic if possible. You may use garlic powder if you must.
- Rice and clean the Broccolini before adding to the pan. Cut out the tough bottom edges if needed.
- Any oil of choice works.
Leave A Reply