FurtherGarlic Butter Mashed Cauliflower – This easy cauliflower mash recipe is a healthier alternative to the traditional mashed potatoes. It is super tasty, creamy, low carb, and easy to make. A delicious keto recipe that anyone can follow.
Easy Garlic Butter Mashed Cauliflower Recipe
What’s better than creamy buttery mashed potatoes? A low carb mash potatoes! These cauliflower mash taste just like mash potatoes without any of the carbs! Super easy to make, so tasty and the best part is you can have it without any of the guilt! They make a great side dish. This mashed cauliflower recipe is flavored with garlic and fresh herbs. It is a keto cauliflower recipe in which butter was used that you can swap with olive oil if preferred.
Is Mashed Cauliflower good for you?
Cauliflower is high in fiber, which slows down digestion and promotes the feeling of fullness. Cauliflower is low in calories so you can have a huge serving without worrying about loads of calories. Therefore, they are a great substitute for high-calorie foods like potatoes and rice.
Is it better to steam or boil cauliflower?
Either way you choose will depend on how quickly you need your cauliflower and what you will be doing with the cauliflower. Steaming seems to be a bit better than boiling because when steaming, most of the nutrients from the cauliflower are retained as opposed to boiling which eliminates some of the nutrients. Also, boiling is fine if you are using the broth for soup. This mashed cauliflower recipe was boiled so it isn’t too significant and should be fine if you prefer boiling.
What can I do with overcooked cauliflower?
There are so many things you can make with overcooked cauliflower. Make low carb mashed potatoes by making this cauliflower mash recipe. Other options can be something like cauliflower soup, or adding some to your veggie soup, make some baby pureed food if you have a toddler, make au gratin or a cheesy cauliflower casserole.
What does cauliflower taste like?
Cauliflower has a mild taste to it when compared to other vegetables. Furthermore, they can have a slightly nutty and bitter undertone flavor.
Making this Garlic butter mashed cauliflower?
I would love to know if you made this mashed cauliflower recipe. Let me know your thoughts on this recipe by leaving me a comment below. Also, please give it a 5-star rating if you loved this recipe.
Here are a few other cauliflower recipes that you might like:
- Grilled Cauliflower Steaks
- Sweet and Spicy Baked Cauliflower
- Creamy Broccoli Cauliflower Salad
- Keto Buffalo Cauliflower Bites
- Cauliflower Mac and Cheese
Also, remember to subscribe to my NEWSLETTER for free and receive recipes like this easy cauliflower mash recipe delivered right to your inbox!
Finally, if you try a recipe and you like it, please use my hashtag #healthyfitnessmeals on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW Healthy Fitness Meals on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER for all of my latest blog posts and recipes.
Garlic Butter Mashed Cauliflower
- 1 Large Head Cauliflower leaves removed and broken into large florets
- 4-6 Garlic Cloves finely chopped and divided
- 2 Cup Chicken or vegetable broth
- 4 Cup Water or more as needed
- 2 Tbsp butter or olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh Chopped Herbs to garnish if desired
- Place the cauliflower florets in a large pot and cover with broth and water.
- Add in half of the garlic and a good pinch of salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 15-18 minutes, or until cauliflower is fork-tender.
- Using a colander, strain the cooked cauliflower and place it into a food processor. Add in the remaining garlic and butter; process until smoothly pureed.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning if needed then arrange it into a serving bowl/platter and sprinkle with fresh chopped herbs. Enjoy!