This Lemon Poppy Seed Bread is made with zucchini for some added nutrition and fiber and topped with a delicious honey yogurt glaze. Fluffy, moist, easy to make, so filling, and so tasty. The best part about this zucchini bread is it’s healthy and has that perfect hint of lemon.
When we think of lemons we think summertime. We don’t need to wait for summertime to make these super moist and delicious healthy lemon zucchini bread. They are bursting with lemon flavor, studded with zucchini for added fiber and poppy seeds, then topped with a delicious yogurt glaze. Lemon and poppy seed pair so well together and they meet in this lemon poppy seed bread. Serve it as a snack, ar brunch or as a dessert all year round.
HOW TO MAKE LEMON POPPY SEED ZUCCHINI BREAD
- Preheat oven: Preheat your oven to 350F and line an 8 x 4-inch loaf pan.
- Mix dry ingredients: In a large bowl, whisk together all the dried ingredients: oat flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder.
- Mix wet ingredients: In another bowl, whisk stevia extract together with and lemon juice, zest, eggs, and oil.
- Combine wet and dry: Add in the dried ingredients and mix, then stir in the grated zucchini. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf.
- Bake: Then, bake for 45-50 minutes, or until tops are golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Glaze: Combine the glaze ingredients into a bowl and whisk until emulsified.
- Cool and serve: Cool the lemon zucchini bread on a wire rack, then slice and drizzle with glaze. Enjoy!
How to make the lemon yogurt glaze
Our glaze was yogurt-based with a hint of lemon
What you need:
- 1/2 Cup Full-Fat Yogurt (any yogurt of choice works)
- 2-3 Tbsp granulated stevia extract
- One Tbsp raw honey
- 1 Tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
Mix all the above ingredients together until combined. Then top over the lemon zucchini bread once cooled.
Can you freeze lemon bread
Lemon bread can be frozen up to 3 months if they are properly stored. To store, tightly wrap the zucchini lemon bread with either aluminum foil or plastic wrap. Alternatively, you may store in an airtight container as well. Make sure you allow the zucchini bread to cool off completely before wrapping it and storing it in the fridge or freezer. Once ready to have the lemon zucchini bread again, simply remove the night before and place it in the fridge to allow it to thaw.
How to reheat Lemon Zucchini Bread
Remove lemon bread from either fridge or freezer and simply reheat a slice in the microwave for 15 to 20 seconds.
How long does lemon poppy seed bread last
Properly wrapped lemon bread will last for 2-3 days on your kitchen counter at room temperature. Slice the bread and place in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 7 days. Freeze for up to 3 months.
Tag us on social media when you make this lemon poppy seed bread! We love seeing your creations and we would also love to share your remakes with our fans! Love this recipe as much as we do? leave us a comment in the comment section below and let us know what you think. Also, don’t forget to rate it!
Other healthy bread and dessert recipes to check out:
- Blueberry Zucchini Bread
- Cranberry Orange Bread
- Apple Pecan Cinnamon Bread
- Healthy Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
Also, remember to subscribe to my NEWSLETTER for free and receive recipes like this Lemon Poppy Seed Zucchini Bread Recipe delivered right to your inbox!
Finally, if you try a recipe and you like it, please use our hashtag #healthyfitnessmeals on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW Healthy Fitness Meals on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER for all of our latest blog posts and recipes.
Lemon Poppy Seed Zucchini Bread
- 1 Cup Oat Flour
- 1 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
- ½ Tsp Salt
- ½ Tsp Baking Soda
- 1½ tsp Baking Powder
- ¼ Cup Raw Honey
- 18 drops Liquid Stevia
- 1½ Tsp Fresh Lemon Juice
- Zest of 1 large lemon
- 3 medium Eggs
- ¼ Cup Coconut Oil
- 1½ Cup Grated Zucchini
- 2 Tbsp Poppy Seed
- ½ Cup Full-Fat Yogurt
- 2-3 Tbsp Granulated Stevia Extract
- 1 Tbsp Raw Honey
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- I Tbsp Lemon Juice
- Preheat your oven to 350F and line an 8 x 4-inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, mix together all the dried ingredients: oat flour, salt, Poppy Seed, baking soda, and baking powder.
- In another bowl, whisk stevia extract together with and lemon juice, zest, raw honey, eggs, and oil.
- Add in the dried ingredients and wet mix, then stir in the grated zucchini.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf and bake for 45-50 minutes, or until tops are golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Combine the glaze ingredients into a bowl and whisk until emulsified.
- Cool the lemon zucchini bread on a wire rack, then slice and drizzle with glaze. Enjoy!