This refreshing Mango Smoothie is a cold, creamy blend of milk, yogurt, mango and frozen banana. It can be whipped up in a matter of minutes and makes the perfect healthy breakfast or snack.
Sipping on an ultra-thick, cold, creamy Mango Smoothie on a hot summer morning is the absolute best! And not only is this smoothie recipe refreshing and incredibly tasty, you need just 4 ingredients and about 5 minutes to make it!
Why you should make this recipe
- Includes delicious tropical flavors! Take one sip of this shake and you will be transported to a tropical vacation!
- Healthy. This smoothie is made with simple, clean ingredients and it’s packed with nutrients. It will also keep you full for hours!
- Quick & easy. All you need is a blender and you can whip this up in 5 minutes, with only a handful of ingredients needed.
- Milk: We typically use unsweetened almond or cashew milk because they are low in calories and fat, but feel free to use any milk (dairy-free or not) that you like.
- Yogurt: The addition of yogurt will make this smoothie super creamy. Use Greek yogurt for a boost of protein or dairy-free yogurt, if preferred.
- Mango: For convenience, we like to use frozen chunks of mango found in the frozen foods area of the grocery store. However, you’re more than welcome to use fresh mango.
- Banana: To naturally sweeten the smoothie, be sure to use a ripe banana with brown spots.
How to make this recipe
- Blend: In a high-speed blender, add the milk, yogurt, mango, and banana. Blend until smooth.
- Enjoy: Serve in a cup and top with a sprinkle of chia seeds, coconut flakes, and/or fresh chopped mangos.
- For a nice thick consistency, it’s best to use at least some frozen fruit. If using fresh mangos, use frozen banana slices. Alternatively, if you are using frozen mangos, you may use unfrozen bananas.
- If you will be cutting a fresh mango for this recipe, here’s a great tutorial for how to properly cut a mango.
- If the smoothie seems too thick, you can add more milk to get the blender going again.
- To blend, start with the blender on low speed, then gradually increase to high speed. This will help fully blend and incorporate all ingredients really well. End with the blender on low speed.
Frequently asked questions
Mangoes pair well with almost any other fruit variety! They’re delicious with bananas, like in this recipe. They also intensify the flavor of other tropical fruits, so try adding a little papaya or pineapple and top the smoothie with coconut flakes or shredded coconut. Adding some melon chunks, berries or peaches would also be a great option.
Yes, depending on the additions that you use a mango smoothie can be packed with nutrition. According to Healthline, mango is rich in vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants, and it has been associated with many health benefits, including potential anticancer effects, as well as improved immunity and digestive and eye health.
This particular smoothie recipe is made with milk, yogurt, mango, and banana. It’s simple, yet healthy and delicious!
Feel free to make this mango smoothie your own! Here are a few different options:
- Not a fan of bananas? Try adding about 1 cup of frozen cauliflower. You can’t taste the cauliflower, but it will make the smoothie extra thick.
- Increase your greens by adding a handful or two of baby spinach leaves. It will turn the smoothie a greenish color, but you won’t be able to taste the spinach.
- Feel free to add more fruit, like strawberries, pineapple, or cherries.
- Add an extra boost of nutrition. You can easily increase the nutrients by blending in a serving of protein powder, flax seeds, chia seeds, hemp seeds, or oats.
More smoothie recipes
- Pineapple Kale Smoothie
- Tropical Protein Smoothie
- Vanilla Berry Smoothie Bowl
- Pumpkin Pie Protein Smoothie
- Berry Coconut Smoothie Bowl
If you try a recipe and you like it, leave us some feedback in the comment section below, and don’t forget to rate it! Also, we would love it if you shared it with friends and family.
Finally, please use our hashtag #healthyfitnessmeals on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW Healthy Fitness Meals on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER for all of our latest blog posts and recipes.
Mango Smoothie Recipe
- ½ cup milk of your choice
- ½ cup yogurt of your choice Greek or dairy-free, like coconut yogurt
- 2 cups frozen mango or 2 fresh mangos
- 1 small frozen banana see notes
- In a high-speed blender, add all the above ingredients. Blend until smooth.
- Serve in a cup and top with a sprinkle of chia seeds, coconut flakes, or fresh chopped mangos.