This Pineapple Kale Smoothie is an easy to make healthy green smoothie recipe that’s so nutritious and high in protein. A perfect way to jumpstart your day and boost your immune system.
Pineapple Kale Smoothie
There are endless ways to add greens to your diet but this is the easiest one yet to try with a smoothie. This EASY Kale Smoothie recipe is an easy smoothie that’s loaded with nutrition! Add some whey protein to this recipe as an option for some added protein. Made with fresh kale, pineapple, protein powder, bananas, and almond milk.
HOW TO MAKE KALE SMOOTHIE
Making kale and fruit smoothie is quite simple and can be ready in just 10 minutes. Gather up your ingredients and let’s get started.
- Prep ingredients: Measure out and get all ingredients ready and set up. If using fresh kale, wash and chop them up.
- Add ingredients to blender: Next, you need to add everything to the blender all that once. It doesn’t matter what goes in first. It may be easier to have the kale at the bottom. Place the pineapple juice, protein powder, almond milk, banana, pineapple, and kale in a blender; blend until completely smooth.
- Serve: Pour the smoothie into 2 glasses and add optional garnishes if desired. Serve immediately.
Is it ok to put raw kale in a smoothie
Yes! it is completely fine to use raw kale or any other leafy vegetables like spinach, chard, or arugula in your smoothie. Kale is especially high in antioxidants and makes a great addition to your breakfast smoothie.
How do you prepare kale for a smoothie
We prefer adding the raw kale to a smoothie. Some boil the kale for a few minutes and isn’t a necessary step. Some may argue that it is better to cook before adding to smoothies and at this point, it would be a personal preference. Just wash the kale leaves properly and remove the leaves from the hard stem before adding to the blender.
Can you freeze kale for smoothies
Yes. You may use frozen kale in smoothies if you don’t have any fresh ones on hand. In Fact, frozen kales are just as good to use for smoothies. Go right for it.
How to freeze kale for smoothies
Thoroughly wash the kale. Remove the leaves of the kale from the hard stems. Toss the stems and then chop the kale leaves. You can cut them in large chunks. Place the kale leaves in a freezer-safe container or ziplock bag. Freezer for 3-4 months.
How long to store kale smoothie
Store your kale smoothie in a mason jar or tightly sealed bottle or container. Place in the fridge for 2-3 days. There might be a little separation, just give it a nice shake before drinking it.
Share this Pineapple Kale Smoothie recipe if you like it and make sure you tag us so we can see it. Leave us some feedback in the comments section below if you make and love this green smoothie recipe
Another smoothie recipe to try is my STRAWBERRIES AND CREAM SMOOTHIE
Other great easy breakfast ideas:
Remember to subscribe to my NEWSLETTER for free and receive recipes like this Pineapple Kale Smoothie Recipe delivered right to your inbox!
If you try a recipe and you like it, please use our hashtag #healthyfitnessmeals on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW Healthy Fitness Meals on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER for all of our latest blog posts and recipes.
Pineapple Kale Smoothie
- 1 Scoop Whey Protein vanilla flavor
- 3/4 Cup Pineapple juice (or homemade)
- 3/4 Cup Almond milk
- 1 Cup Fresh or frozen pineapple chunks
- 1 Cup Torn Kale leaves
- 1 Banana
- Optional garnishes: pineapple chunks, mint sprigs
- Place the pineapple juice, protein powder, almond milk, banana, pineapple and kale in a blender; blend until completely smooth.
- Pour the smoothie into 2 glasses and add optional garnishes if desired. Serve immediately.