Jumpstart your morning with this Berry Coconut Smoothie bowl recipe. Move over boring breakfast cereal, this super easy to make smoothie bow is loaded with antioxidants.
Easy Berry Coconut Smoothie Bowl Recipe
When you’re tired of eating the same thing for breakfast, just know that this berry smoothie bowl recipe is going to be a winner. They are quick and easy to make and so delicious. This Smoothie Bowl will give you all the fruit servings you need for one day. Start your morning out with a fruity smoothie full of antioxidants and fiber.
The sweet-tart flavor of mixed berries, mingle with tasty coconut to give your taste buds a wake-up call, like no other. While this Berry Coconut Smoothie Bowl recipe makes an amazing breakfast to help you start your day, they are also great for keeping you energized through lunch, or any time of day, really.
What is a smoothie bowl
A smoothie bowl is pretty much the smoothie you sip from a cup but placed in a bowl instead. It is primarily made of fresh fruits and veggies or frozen fruits. To give it a thicker consistency often times avocados, oats or yogurts are used as add-ins. Smoothie bowls are thicker than the regular smoothie you drink and thus placed in a bowl and served with a spoon instead. Smoothie bowls can be topped with additional ingredients such as nuts, chia, coconuts, granola, and more fresh fruits.
Are smoothie bowls actually healthy?
Depending on whats added in your smoothie will determine how healthy your smoothie is. If a smoothie is made entirely of fresh fruit and veggies then it is absolutely healthy. Adding healthy milk like unsweetened almond milk or some Greek yogurt will make your smoothie bowl recipe a very nutritious one. Definitely avoid adding high sugar juices as a base.
What makes smoothies thicker
Your smoothies bowl recipe isn’t as thick as you would like it to be? There are a few things you can add that will make your smoothie thicker. Try using frozen fruits instead of fresh ones. Get in the habit of not throwing out overripe bananas and freeze them instead. They come in handy for smoothies. Use avocado for a thicker and smoother smoothie. Other ingredients that would be great to use to thicken your smoothie are oats, ice, whey protein, pumpkin puree, nut butter, tofu, and yogurt.
Have a smoothie bowl recipe that’s oh so good and you would like to share it with me? Leave me a comment below and let me know all about it. I would love to try out new recipes.
Also, if you have a moment to spare, check out these other recipes below:
- Peanut Butter and Jelly Cups
- Quinoa Veggie Bowl
- Vegan Avocado Chocolate Truffles
- High Protein Berry Frozen Yogurt
- Pan-Seared Southwestern Salmon
Finally, if you try a recipe and you like it, please use my hashtag #healthyfitnessmeals on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW Healthy Fitness Meals on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER for all of my latest blog posts and recipes.
Berry Coconut Smoothie Bowls
Thick and creamy mixed berry smoothies served in a bowl with a variety of fun toppings.
- 1 1/2 Cup Frozen mixed berries
- 1 Banana sliced
- 3/4 cup Light coconut milk coconut-almond milk or almond milk
- Low-calorie sweetener or honey to taste
- Assorted toppings such as fresh berries sliced almonds, unsweetened shredded coconut, mint sprigs, granola, chia seeds
- Place the berries, banana and coconut milk in the blender and blend until a thick and smooth mixture forms. You may need to add a bit more of the milk to thin to desired consistency.
- Taste and add sweetener or honey if desired.
- Divide the smoothie evenly between two bowls and top with fresh berries, shredded coconut, almonds, chia seeds or any other healthy toppings as desired. Serve immediately.
Please keep in mind that the nutritional information is calculated using a nutrition facts calculator. It is a rough estimate and can vary greatly based on products used.