This homemade Italian seasoning recipe is way better than the stuff found in the packet. Use this herbal Italian blend to transform your chicken, spaghetti, dressing, and chicken sausage recipes! You will never go back to the store-bought mix.
Homemade seasoning mixes are the best. You can create your very own spice and herbal blends in your kitchen – plus have more for later. Not only is it convenient to have DIY Italian seasoning in your pantry, but it’s great for meal prep, too, whenever you’re wanting to save extra money on groceries.
We love this easy recipe because it’s truly effortless and ready in a breeze. This is the BEST Italian seasoning recipe you’ll come across because it’s quick, simple, straightforward, and simply tastes amazing–all from dried herbs.
Make your own Italian seasoning to elevate all of your savory recipe needs; you won’t regret it because it’s so flavorful and packed with aromatic herbs. We love to sprinkle this seasoning over soups such as Healthy Lasagna Soup and Italian Wedding Soup, and whenever we’re wanting something a little more hearty– we like to use this herbal mix for my favorite Grilled Italian Chicken. So good!
Why This Italian Seasoning Recipe Is the Best
- Made from scratch: This DIY seasoning recipe is made straight from the source and doesn’t contain added preservatives or additives. Individual dried herbs are used to create the most fresh-tasting Italian seasoning.
- Super easy & ready in less than five minutes: Just prepare your herbs (you can dehydrate your own herbs using a food dehydrator) or use dried herbs found in bottles. Either way, you’ll have your homemade seasoning ready in no time because this recipe has only a few steps.
- Perfect for all sorts of recipes: Make your savory recipes shine no matter what they are. You can use this DIY Italian blend for proteins, salad dressings, pasta salads, and so much more.
What You Need
Here are the dried herbs you will need for this easy recipe. Make sure you have these prepared prior to starting the recipe so you can immediately get started!
Basil: Dried basil is a key component of this recipe because it is robust in flavor and well-rounded.
Marjoram: This herb is what ties Italian seasoning together to give it an extra herbal kick. If you do not have it on hand, you can find this herb in the spice aisles at most grocery stores.
Oregano: Dried oregano is a leafy herb that can transform any Italian recipe. We always have dried oregano on hand!
Rosemary: Fragrant rosemary gives this homemade Italian seasoning the bright fresh flavors that are found within it. Definitely do not skip out on this ingredient.
Parsley: Parsley provides an earthy layer of flavor within this seasoning mix. The perfect addition to this dried herbal blend.
Thyme: This fresh flavorful herb provides an extra fragrant component that is necessary for Italian seasonings. Earthy, robust, and distinct in flavor.
Sage: Finally, sage. Dried sage is a must for this DIY Italian seasoning because the flavors are bright, fresh, and robust.
How To Make DIY Italian Seasoning From Scratch
First, prepare all of your dried herbs and your workstation so can immediately get started. Next, measure out the herbs with measuring spoons and set them aside.
Next, in a bowl, add the dried basil, marjoram, oregano, rosemary, parsley, thyme, and sage. Mix everything together with a spoon until well combined.
Place the freshly mixed herbs in a tightly sealed container, such as a jar, and store the herbal mix in your cupboard for up to six months.
Now, you can transform all of your Italian recipes with this simple blend. Feel free to use this recipe over and over again whenever you need homemade, fresh Italian seasoning!
How To Use Dry Italian Seasoning
Use this herbal mix for all of your savory recipe needs. We love to keep this recipe on hand because we use it for so many things, including:
- Chicken Parmesan Meatballs
- Italian Pasta Salad
- Italian Stuffed Chicken Breast
- Keto Italian Chicken Skillet
- Italian Chicken Veggie Soup
- Italian Turkey Meatballs
Frequently Asked Questions
You just place all of the dried herbs in a bowl, mix with a spoon, and store the seasoning in a tightly sealed jar until ready to use. It’s that easy!
This traditional recipe does not use garlic or onion, but feel free to add them to transform the seasoning.
This Italian seasoning mix is made of dried herbs such as basil, marjoram, oregano, parsley, sage, rosemary, and thyme.
More Recipes You Will Enjoy
- Homemade Greek Seasoning
- DIY Poultry Seasoning
- How To Make Mexican Seasoning
- Homemade Taco Seasoning
- Spaghetti Casserole Recipe
If you try a recipe and you like it, leave us some feedback in the comment section below, and don’t forget to rate it! We would love it if you shared it with friends and family.
Finally, don’t forget to use our hashtag #healthyfitnessmeals on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW Healthy Fitness Meals on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER for all of our latest blog posts and recipes.
Homemade Italian Seasoning
- 2 Tablespoons dried basil
- 1 Tablespoon dried marjoram
- 2 Tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 Tablespoon dried rosemary
- 2 Tablespoons dried parsley
- 1 Tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- In a bowl, add the dried herbs. Mix with a spoon to combine.
- Place the mixed herbs in a tightly sealed container or jar.
- Store for up to six months.
- Serving size 1 tablespoon
- Dry your own herbs or you can buy store bought
- Store in a jar for up to 6 months