Need a little change from your regular meatballs? Try this Gluten-free and dairy-free Italian Turkey Meatballs recipe. I have no doubt that you will love it! Pair them with some quinoa or some whole wheat spaghetti.
Italian Turkey Meatballs
Who isn’t a fan of meatballs? These Italian Turkey Meatballs are great on sandwiches, in pasta dishes, or even just as an appetizer. Meatballs are a favorite because they are so versatile in the kitchen. For example, they can be mixed with a variety of fresh green herbs and spices to change up the flavor. They are also great for those into meal prepping their meals!
This recipe for Italian Turkey Meatballs will leave your mouth watering. These delicious perfectly shaped balls of flavor are made with ground turkey instead of ground beef. This makes them not only a healthier meatball, but it also gives a slightly different flavor that you are sure to love. It is the zesty Italian seasoning in these meatballs that makes them melt in your mouth good.
From the aromatic ground turkey into tiny bite-sized meatballs or giant meatballs. The truth is, you’re going to love these meatballs in any size because they are that good! I can’t even start telling you guys how much my kids love this Italian Turkey Meatballs recipe.
Another amazing low carb Italian dish you can try is my CHICKEN ALFREDO ZOODLES!
Remember to subscribe to my NEWSLETTER for free and receive all my new recipes delivered right to your inbox!
If you try a recipe and you like it, please use my hashtag #healthyfitnessmeals on INSTAGRAM for a chance to be featured! FOLLOW Healthy Fitness Meals on FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST | TWITTER for all of my latest blog posts and recipes.
Recipe for these Italian Turkey Meatballs Below:
Italian Turkey Meatballs Recipe
- 1 pound ground turkey 93% lean
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3 cups marinara sauce look for a low sugar, low-fat variety, warmed
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- cooking spray
- Preheat the broiler. Line a sheet pan with foil and coat the foil with cooking spray.
- Place the turkey, breadcrumbs, salt, pepper, garlic powder, basil, egg and water in a bowl; mix until thoroughly combined. You may need to add more water, 1 teaspoon at a time, to get a smooth mixture.
- Take approximately 2 tablespoons of the meat mixture and roll it into a ball.
- Place the meatball on the sheet pan and repeat with remaining meat.
- Spray the tops of the meatballs with cooking spray. Broil for 10 minutes or until meatballs are just done.
- Place the meatballs on a plate and pour the marinara sauce over the top, Sprinkle with parsley and serve immediately.